Illuminated - 3

"A rave?" Lydia questioned over the phone. I nodded as I helped Danny set out some refreshments on the table.

"Yes, a rave. Come on after everything we need a break." That was very true, we have been through too much. The only normal time we've had was during summer break, and then practically as soon as school started we got hit smack in the face with Deucalion, the other alphas and Jennifer.

"You have to come."

I could hear Lydia thinking it over, over the phone. "Since when are you so chummy with the twins?" 

I scoffed, opening the loft door to let in the painter and DJ. Danny had the whole party planned, so everything he already had planned just moved over to Derek's loft. The twins were actually setting up the black lights. "I am not." I am offended by the insinuation. "This is for Danny."

I kept the phone balanced on my shoulder as I headed up the stairwell to the second floor. I pulled some portable chain fence from the building basement, I set it up and put a lock on it. I put in the lock combination and went inside, closing it behind me.

"Look, could you just come. Please?"

Almost the entire school was coming along with some people I didn't know. I can't just help throw a party in my family's building without my friends here. I already called Stiles and Scott, they would be over after they helped Kira retrieve her phone because of some personal pictures.

I still didn't feel comfortable having the boys with her, especially since I still had zero clue to what she was. She had to be something, Barrow was after her and for god sakes she walked through electricity. She walked away without a single scratch and I walked away with a burned shirt.

"Okay fine." Lydia finally caves. I squeal, "Yes! Now get over here!" I cut the call and went back downstairs, where people were already starting to show up. 

In no less than 20 minutes the loft was full, at least 20 or more complaints from tenants, but they could do anything about that. The punch was spiked in less than a minute, and kegs were ordered. "Wow, very werewolf." I said, seeing Aiden that had painted his body in slash marks.

Because of the black light it glowed. "Do you know if Lydia's coming?" Aiden asked. I inhaled, I didn't know if I should tell him or not. I might as well, she was coming anyway. "She is." 

Aiden fights hard to hide his glee. "Try not to be so happy about it." I told him, "Just try not to act so-" I paused. I can't believe that I was actually giving him advice with Lydia, especially after I was the one that wanted their relationship to end. "Alphaie." I finished through gritted teeth. Aiden looks offended by my choice of words.

"Alphaie? I'm not even an alpha anymore!"

It was probably a good thing that the music was very loud, and that almost everyone was drunk.

"You might not be an alpha but you still act like your top dog." Aiden frowns, I smiled and patted his shoulder, leaving him to consider my suggestion. 

I looked around, finally spotting Lydia. "Por vin!" I exclaimed in Spanish, spreading my arms out and grabbed her. "What took you so long?" 

Lydia just frowns at me. "Did I see you talking with Aiden?" I shake my head, "Nope. Just doing some constructive criticism." Lydia frowns, not understanding, "Whatever." I grabbed her hands and pulled her to the center of the dance floor. 

For the first time in a while everything just felt good. The more I danced the more my worries melted away. It was such a great stress reliever. At some point during the party the others arrived. 

I smiled, jumping to the music. Werewolves can't get drunk, so this is about as close as I will ever get to feeling drunk. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and danced with Lydia. I smiled when I saw the boys with Kira walk in.

"Yay you're here!" 

"This is something." Scott said, looking around at the amount of people at the party. Meh, it was fine. "Did you guys get the phone?" I asked curious. Kira nods. "Yes we did." 

I smiled, "That is great." I grabbed Stiles and turned to look at Scott and Kira, "There are refreshments at the table, be careful though," I warned.

"I'm pretty sure it's spiked." Not that it would affect Scott in any way, it's more Kira and Stiles I was worried about instead. Anyway- I began to pull Stiles away. "Come on!" 

"Wow this is definitely a side to you I haven't seen." 

I laughed, party Isabelle has been away for so long. I forgot what it was like to just let loose and have fun. "Well then you should see what she likes to do for fun." 

I made him follow me to the painters cart, and picked up a brush. "You might not be a supernatural creature," I said as I took his wrist and began to paint the same symbol I've seen Scott draw everywhere. I don't think he knew what it fully meant to him, but I did. Just wonder how long he'll realize it. "You are a part of the pack." 

Stiles smiled. I grinned and pecked his cheek, leaving my lipstick behind that glowed with the black lights. I can't tell if he was blushing, but I didn't care. 

"Now," I grabbed both his hands and pulled him to the dance floor

"Now," I grabbed both his hands and pulled him to the dance floor. "Let's dance!" 

The two of us danced and I know I can't get drunk but dancing and feeling the music in my bones is the closest thing I'll feel. To be honest, I have never felt more confident to do stuff that I wouldn't dare. 

Like tell Stiles...but I could never. 

"Isabelle!" shouts Danny. "Yes?!" I yelled over the sound of the music. "We got some more beer but we don't have a cooler!" 

Oh I think there might be one up the stairs. "I'll get on it!" 

I looked at Stiles as I secured my ponytail, it was halfway down with all my dancing. 

"I'll be right back!" I went up the stairs that we had blocked off from everyone.  

I looked around at all the clutter of stuff I had moved upstairs. How was I going to find a cooler in this mess? Turns out it was under most of the bed parts Peter and I moved up here.

I take the cooler in my hands and turn to go join the party again, except I'm face to face with these black figures. My eyes go wide as a few more appear, out of the freaking shadows. 

Shit. 

I saw their eyes glow yellow, their faces didn't look real, looked more like a silver mask. I gripped the cooler and threw it at the figures. Except nothing happened to them. Dammit. My eyes glowed their color, and I rushed at them with my claws outstretched. 

I tried to fight them off, except I was quickly overpowered. No, no, no. I tried to fight the grip of one of the figures, trying to escape before another one of them began to approach. No! 

I couldn't stop it, I have no idea how it even happened, but this purple light floods from me, pushing them all back. I looked down at myself, what the fu- 

In my moment of distraction, I didn't notice when the figure grabbed me. It was like I was frozen to the touch as soon as it grabbed my face. I have nowhere else to look except directly at him. 

I felt woozy when I stared into his yellow glowing eyes, and then everything fell black.