Anchor - 3

"Nancy." I lift my head rapidly at the name. "Come in." Oh my god. Aunt Nancy's here! Lydia and Allison were dead asleep on my bed. They had come over to help with some research and well, homework. I tried not to fall asleep, afraid whatever happened last night would happen again.

But from the looks of it, nothing in my room is flying. I carefully removed the books from my lap and climbed off my bed. I grabbed a blanket from my closet and threw it over them. It was late.

I hurried down the stairs to see Nancy with my parents. "Nancy!"

Nancy was 5'6, a blond with green eyes. Dad's adoptive older sister. She was the one who found out about Dad, had to help him learn control or else he'd kill her or their parents. That puts a lot of pressure on a 15 year old. Gran and Pop didn't even find out till mom had me.

It took them a while to understand and accept. They love us nonetheless. Nancy was only 5 years older than dad, married, and lives with uncle David and 10 year old cousin Michelle.

"Isabelle!" I squeal and run to her. "Nancy!"

Nancy laughs and opens her arms, bringing me into an embrace. "Oh god!" She looks me up and down. "Look at you Pay. You're so big."

Yeah, instead of calling me Izzy, or Isa, Aunt Nancy prefers to call me by my middle name. Peyton. Probably because it's after her own middle name. "What are you doing here?" Now don't get me wrong, I love seeing my favorite and only alive Aunt, but there had to be a reason.

Dad explained. "Nancy is going to be staying with us for a while, till we figure out if what Deaton said is true or not."

He means about me having another supernatural bloodline.

I nodded. That was okay by me. Well, sort of. "You should get back to bed," Mom tells me, coming back from the supply closet with a fresh pair of Lenin. "You have guests upstairs and school tomorrow."

I should get back to Allison and Lydia. Nancy nods. "Yes, we can catch up tomorrow after school." Yes! Before I went to bed again, I showed Nancy to the guest room where she was going to be staying.

Allison and Lydia were still asleep but I didn't want to wake them by sneaking back on the bed. So I took a blanket and pillow and sat at my bay window. But, while I already managed to get a few decent hours of sleep I couldn't fall asleep again. I just couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw her. I was too terrified to go back to sleep and cause another scene, much less with my friends in the room.

So instead, I spent the rest of the night (which was only a few wee hours), researching different supernatural species. I didn't like what I found.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Okay, so--" Scott sighs and recaps what's been happening to him, Stiles and me. "What happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked the group. We all sat outside for lunch, the boys and I had to come to Lydia, Allison and Isaac for answers because we had absolutely no clue what was happening to us.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added. "And is somehow making things float in their sleep?" I added as I bit on my sandwich. I didn't really feel like talking about my situation with my friends but I had to get it out of my system.

Mom didn't show up at school today, which means I have no idea what. She, Nancy and Dad are still probably digging.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac answered, I shot him a glare. That wasn't helping me feel any better. At all.