De -void - 3

Suddenly the room has changed. I was back to being restrained. Except this time it was with chains wrapped around my wrists and ankles.

In front of me were a few dozen people. All chained up as well. What shocked me the most was that I knew all of them. They were my family. 

Cousin Adam, Aunt Cassidy and Uncle Paul. Cora. Peter. Aunt Tali.

I looked around, my eyes full of dread once I realized where we were. There it was, on the wall behind me was my initials.

I.H.

I carved it into the wall once, when I no longer had to come down here and chain myself up on every full moon because I had finally learned to control it.

It was morning, they were still here because some of them liked to let loose during the full moon. They didn't even have to be here, neither were the members of my family that were human.

They were only here to make sure they didn't break free of their chains. I was in the basement. In the hale house. No. 

I began to panic, pulling on my chains. But it's like I had the strength of a 10 year old. "Let me out of here!" I yelled to no one in particular.

"Let me out of here please!" 

This doesn't make any sense. If this is some trick from Void how in the hell does he know this? Stiles wasn't here. Neither was the nogitsune. Why am I seeing this? 

At the front of the basement, near the open window, the pair of railings landed a bird. Not just any bird, that freaking raven. "You have gotta be kidding me." 

The raven flies through the bars, landing right in front of me. I don't expect what happened next. Where the raven transforms. I pushed myself up against the wall as the raven turned into a woman.

A redheaded woman to be price.

"Finally," is the first thing she says in what sounds like a tiny accent. She looks down at me, "we can finally talk in private." 

I pushed myself away from the woman, trying to get away from her as she took a step forward. "Who the hell are you?! How did you do that?" 

"Why," she lets out a small chuckle. "All in due time, child." She crouched down and took my face in her hands, examining me. "You are 16 correct?" 

"17." I corrected before snatching my face away from her. "Oh dear," she muttered as she stood. "Have your powers already surfaced?" 

I want to ask how she knows about that, but if she's the woman who was the raven following me around she must surely know. "How did you get in here?" I questioned the woman. 

"Oh dear, dark spirits like the nogitsune can't get into our minds." She tells me. "At least not those of us trained. You aren't, so I don't have long."

She looks around, noticing the rest of my sleeping family in chains. Tired from the previous night. "When he took your father I expected him to find a human family." 

My eyes bulge a little at her words. "My dad? Wait, lady, who are you?" Now she turns around, a smile plastered on her face. I can't tell if it was genuine or not.

"I'm family." 

I shake my head. "My family is right there," I say pointing at my sleeping family.

"You're going to need to clarify." 
She looked exasperated. "My name is Athena. I'm your grandmother."

I stare at her. I guess her hair color sort of matched mine, and it did look like she had Dad's nose. My nose. But that was impossible. I laughed, I burst out laughing.