Frayed - 2

Allison slams the brakes, nearly making me fly out if I hadn't dug my claws in the seats. I chuckled awkwardly pulling them out along with some stuffing.

"Oops."

"What now?" Lydia said, annoyed as we stared at the large traffic jam in front of us. I groan, flopping back against the back seat. A traffic jam, in a car almost on empty, with the California sun outside. Great. 

I took my phone to check what time it was, how long this jam would take, when it began to ring. I sighed at the caller ID, Stiles. Last night he had asked a bunch of questions, and let me cry on his shoulder. However I didn't feel like talking right now, I hand the phone to Lydia. "Why do I have to answer?" 

I clasp my hands together and begin to beg. "Lydia please." 

She sighed, giving me the side eye as she answered. "Hey, Stiles!" She exclaimed, despite not wanting to talk to Stiles or anyone over the phone right now I did listen in. "Where is Izzie?" 

"Yeah, we're just about to walk into a movie!" Lydia deflected. "Uh, you know, the popcorn, and-"

"I know you guys are right behind us." I grabbed the crook of my nose, shaking my head. "Of course he noticed." He can notice that but he can't notice- nope I'm not even going to get into it.

"Put me on speaker."

Lydia did just that, "Okay, look, Scott's still hurt."

I lean forward and grab the phone as soon as the words came out of his mouth. "What do you mean he's still hurt?" That wasn't right. "He should have been healed by now."

"No, he's not healing. I think he's actually getting worse. The blood's turning, like, a black color."

"W-what's wrong with him?" Lydia asked.

"What's wrong with him?' I don't- do I have a Ph.D. in lycanthropy? How am I supposed to know that? I was calling to see if you knew Izzy."

Lydia and Allison turned to look at me for an answer. "Uh," I snapped myself out of my daze. I snapped my fingers, trying to get to the lessons Talia and my mom gave me and Deaton's lessons to come to me. "If it's turning black that means his body is trying to heal itself but something isn't letting him."

"Like what?" Stiles asked. I shrug. "I don't know, it's an alpha scratch so the poison could still be in him or maybe some wolfsbane is affecting his healing."

"Not wolfsbane. I think Ethan, Boyd and Isaac would be feeling it." He turned back to the poison theory. "So what do I do suck it out?" He sounded horrified as he said it. 

I shook my head. "You definitely don't want to do that unless you want to risk turning." I don't think anyone has actually turned from that. "We need to get him off the bus." Allison spoke.

"And take him where, a hospital?"

I nod, it wasn't ideal at all, but the only other option. "If he's dying, yeah. Stiles, there's a rest area about a mile up. Tell the coach to pull over."

"Yeah, I've been trying."

"Well, reason with him." Allison said.

"Reason?" Have you met this guy?

"Just try something!"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Stiles' way of making that happen was having one of the team members throw up. Thank god I wasn't there or else I'd be throwing up. The bus made a dash for the rest stop, and surprisingly with what little gas we had left we were able to reach it.