3

Existing for only about thousands of years ago, are vampires. They might look normal like other human beings, but they are different.

Vampires have evolved through time, they may somehow be known as the will-burn-if-exposed-in-day-light.. but no, sun isn’t their mortal enemies anymore. Although camera flashes and flashlights can permanently blind them.

Modern vamps has modern problems too, like humans do.

And some may wonder how they eat and such, well.. they eat fruit extract. More specifically, red colored fruits. They suck on them using their sharp pair of fangs.. until the bright red color disappears. 

That’s how they eat on a daily basis. (yes, this part here is inspired by Marceline from the show Adventure time:)

They’re aren’t allowed to drink humans blood without their consent and after having their permission.. they might only drink their mate’s blood and no one else. Or else, they’ll get poisoned by it. A form of cheating in their world.

The consequences is either not being able to taste what real blood tastes like, or having no taste buds at all. To sum it up, vampires can be the most loyal creature you could ever find on earth.

“Like a fresh ripe tomato? The richest strawberry? Like a baby perhaps?” Momo guessed after guess.

Mina quickly turned her head to face her sister, “A baby? You’ve tasted a baby’s blood?” she asked.

Not that Momo tasted it before, she’s just guessing here. Trying to get Mina’s attention, and now that she finally has it.. “Of course not! Now, tell me.. how does she taste like?” she asked it again, Mina is purposely ignoring her or averting the topic to something else, her vamp senses is telling her that Mina is acting different lately. She thinks it’s all because of the blood sucking bonanza.

Mina tsked, can’t believe how sometimes her unnie is just as nosy as other humans. She’s starting to think that maybe it’s her unnie’s lover’s influence.
“Goodness, please. I’m still gaining her trust. And I didn’t had the chance to talk to her today. My schedule was packed!” Mina groans, all she wanted to do was see, talk or maybe feel Chaeyoung.

“You haven’t bitten her yet? So slow Mina.. so slow.”

“As if you didn’t took months before your girl said your name.” Mina fires back, she just don’t want to lose this battle, if that’s what her unnie thinks about it.

Momo straightened her posture, “That’s a different story- Your eyes.” Momo was so ready to throw hands at her sister, but not until she noticed something.

Mina blinks, easing the pain that her eyes are giving her. It’s being too over stimulated, it costs vampires to feel pain and also pleasure at the same time. And can only be cured by sucking the blood of the person who chanted their name.

“She keeps on doing that from time to time, and it really excites me more.” Mina’s left fang starts to show.

“You got her bad Mina, be careful though. Don’t let your feelings get the best of you.” Momo warned, as she knows how it felt like.

Mina shook her head, her fang went back to normal teeth, shrinking. “I still can handle it, at least for now. I don’t know how long I can last unnie.” She worriedly said.

Momo sighed, as if she can do anything to stop it. “Just go for it if you can’t handle no more, I mean.. that’s like nature for us vampires.”

“What if she freaks out? And I haven’t done it yet. Not in my 98 years of living.”

Most vampires have their mates when they reach 60-70 years of age. Momo got hers at 76 years old, and in Mina’s case.. she’s losing behind. She’s even almost ready for her second mate. Vampires tend to find their mates every 100 years, they said that their first lovers usually just reincarnate over again and again just to meet them and be with them again.