10

Eating dinner while knowing that there’s a human inside her room, somehow felt strange. Dahyun was gone nowhere to be found when she left Chaeyoung. She didn’t ask her sister about her mate, though her trust issues went high so she looks up at the ceiling.. then she confirms that no human was hanging there. What a relief. Momo must’ve sent her home, she has no clue how... but that’s that.

“Your eyes aren’t shining lately.” Momo mumbles against the cherries she’s devouring.

Mina flicked the leaf of her apple, “I am not in the mood to talk about this again, so please.” She warns.

Momo should stop, she knows that. But Mina needs to know.. to remember at least. “That girl looks like she also have this undying feelings for you. Why are you ignoring it? You know how that would affect the mating cycle, do you want get her drawn away?”

Mina slammed both of her hand on the table, furious. “Of course I don’t!”

Momo swallows her fruit juice, “Then better do what you gotta do before it’s over.” She recommends.

Mina pinches her nose bridge, exhaled. “How I wish it was that easy.” Mina had never done it before, and although they said it’ll come to her naturally.. she still has this fear on overdoing it. She’s scared that she might not pull her fangs in time, and Mina wouldn’t want her first mate to die just like that.

“I mean, she knows that you’re definitely not human. And she seems to be okay with it?” Momo said as she replace the broken plate of her sister so casually.

Mina groped on the fruit, but sucked it gently. Mindlessly practicing, as if it was Chaeyoung’s irresistible neck. “I tried making a move last time, and blood had consumed her face.” Mina comments.
Momo grinned.

“What did you do?”

“I kissed her.”

Momo almost spitted out everything inside her mouth,“Really?!” she exclaims. Momo thought it’ll take a couple more years till Mina had finally have the guts. So she’s very glad that Mina did actually something.

“Yeah, on her cheek.”

Momo's excitement washed away.

“Oh.. then that’s a problem.”

Momo’s face frowned. Dang she thought it was a big move. Turns out that it was just a quick peck on the damn cheek.

--

‘Of course, she didn’t sleep.’

After the dinner (meeting) with her sister, Mina went back to her room. She was expecting a deep slumber Chaeyoung but she got greeted with this instead.

Mina ignores the groaning girl, which she assumes is because of her tech device not having any somewhat connection. Just usual human problems.

“I’m just gonna change. And if you want to change, here’s my clothes. They’re clean, don’t worry.” She grabs 2 pairs of pajamas inside her closet and handed down the other pair next to Chaeyoung.

When Mina didn’t hear any form of response, she starts to try gaining the girl's attention. “Hey, are you listening?”

Nothing.

“Chaeyoung.”

Nothing, not even a nod.

“Chaeng!”

“What?”

There, finally.

Chaeyoung sneezed after that, and Mina was convinced that she did the right decision on making the girl wear different clothes.