7

“So you guys knew each other?” Chaeyoung flips to the next page.

Mina stares at those busy eyes. “Kinda, but we’re not that really close. I just knew them from a friend of a friend.. somehow.” She utters as she gulps. Every day, things are just not getting better.

Mina wonders why Chaeyoung would always tuck her loose hair behind her ears when she’s around.

It was already good the way it is, but every time Chaeyoung would do that.. she couldn’t see anything but her smooth bitable neck.

Her senses had boosted and she could already feel the burst of adrenaline in her vampire body. Her fists are tightening, her eyes are starting to glow.

“Ohh, okay then.” Chaeyoung spoke.

“Uhm.. Mina I was thinking..”

And damn it, that is not helping.
Mina bit her lower lip, feeling that even her fangs are starting to sharpen little by little. “Y-yeah?” she whispers as she can’t handle the situation anymore.

Chaeyoung giggles, probably because of what she’s reading. “Hey, Mina.. are you listening?” Then there it is again.

Her laughter must have muffled Mina’s voice, causing her not to hear her response.

‘I should’ve let her call me Cheska, such a stupid choice!’

Chaeyoung looks up at Mina, “Are you okay?” she asked.

Mina clears her throat, she doesn’t want a hiss as a reply. That would be terrible, too obvious. “Yes! Never.. never been better.”

Chaeyoung would just disagree on that, Mina is way too obvious, to the point that the latter won't get fooled by her acts. “Are you sure? Because your eyes are very red.”

Chaeyoung tilts her head to have a better view on her eyes.

Mina flinches, just what did Chaeyoung said? Her eyes were red? Damn, is she doomed? “Oh! My eyes might’ve caught something.” She rubs her eyes with both hands, convincing Chaeyoung that it must have been just the dust or somewhat particle that's causing the irritation.

Chayoung extends her hand, reaching for Mina’s face. “Let me have a look.” She said.

Mina scoots back, locking her gaze at the girl.

‘Is she really..’

The touch was bearable than what she imagined. It was light and soft, so warm too. Chaeyoung’s palm had made its way to the side of her cheek, holding it in place as she examined her eyes.

Chaeyoung frowns, and unaware that her lips are forming a small pout, Mina noticed this and it tugged something within her.

Lovely..’

“Does it hurt? It looks very severe. Looks like a case of sore eyes to me.” Chaeyoung said, and if you ask Mina.. she would mistakenly think Chaeyoung was a doctor by how she talk right there.

Mina blinks, hard. “No, I don’t feel any pain.” Though just from the blinking.. her eyes felt so sore. What a good liar she is.

“Let’s go to the clinic.” Chaeyoung suggests.

Oh, maybe she’s not that good of a liar after all.

“Wait..”

“Do you want to be blind? It looks like there’s blood pouring from it, it’s in a very dark shade of red and it’s very alarming.” Chaeyoung said as she held Mina’s hand and stood up.