Dad Killed Santa

"(Name)! (Name)! Wake up!" I heard Charlie say as he shook me. "Go away!" I groan, turning over. "(Name), Santa on the roof!" Charlie said, grabbing my blanket and pulling it off of me. I shivered at the cold air to hitting my bare skin. "Oh really?" I asked, opening my eyes and sitting up to glare at the little boy. "Yeah, I heard a clatter."

"Well, I hope Santa falls off." I said, grabbing my blanket and yanking it back over me. "I'm so sick of..." Suddenly we heard a loud thud follow by a sliding sound. "What was that?" I asked looking at my ceiling. "Santa." Charlie answered. "Where's Dad?" I asked, climbing out of bed. "He went outside to look."

"What? Go get your coat, that was probably him!" I said, grabbing my own coat while Charlie runs off to his room. Once Charlie had his coat on, we both ran downstairs and outside to see... Dad standing over a dead Santa laying in the snow.

"You got him!" Charlie said, running down the steps to get a closer look. "Kids, stay where you are." Dad told us, but neither one of us listen and instead ran over to stand next to Dad "Kids, would you listen to me? Stay up there!"

"It is Santa!" Charlie said amazed, before he look up at both of us. "You both killed him." He told us. "Did not!" Dad said back. "I was in my room, how am I responsible for Dad killing Santa?" I asked. "I didn't kill him!" Dad barked at me. "You said you hope Santa fall off the roof. You wished Santa would die."

"Wish and hope are two different things, alright? Dad killed Santa all by himself!" I said, crossing my arm to help keep myself warm. "For the third time! I. Did. Not. Kill. Santa. And it's not even Santa." Dad told us. "Well, he was." Charlie said.

"He's got some ID on him, I bet." Dad kneel down next to to dead Santa. "Fella, if you can hear me, I'm just looking for your identification." Dad started searching the coat's pockets until he pulled out a card. "Once I figure out who you are, I'll give you a lift back to the mall."

The card said Santa Clause, North Pole. Dad flip it over to see writing on the other side. "'If something should happen to me, put on my suit. The reindeer will know what to do.' Yeah, right." Suddenly we heard bell chiming from the roof.

All three of us look at each other, before we ran into the street to get a full view of the house. Right on top of the roof was a sleigh with reindeer tied to the front of it. "Whoa." Charlie said amazed, while Dad and I had to close our eyes and look again, just to make sure what we're seeing is real or not.

"Dad!" Charlie said, running back over to dead Santa. "Hey." We ran back over to see Santa was gone and only his clothes remain laying in the snow. "He disappeared! Whoa." Charlie said. "He's naked somewhere." Dad said looking around. "In this weather?" I asked Dad, while hugging myself for warmth. "Maybe he had one to many eggnog." Dad told me, indicating that Santa is drunk. I guess he had to be, to streak in Illinois's weather.

"You gonna put on the suit like the card said?" Charlie asked Dad. "Are you? No. No." Dad answered, shaking his head. "Come on, Dad. I wanna go, too." Charlie told him. "Go where? Up on the roof so you can fall off like Santa?" I asked him. "No! I wanna go flying in Santa's sleigh."

"Kids, stop it. We're not going anywhere." Dad said, trying to break up our argument. "You never do what I wanna do!" Charlie said. "That's because everything you want to do is stupid!" I told Charlie. "NO IT'S NOT!" Charlie yelled back. "Kids! Would you please be quiet for a minute so I can figure this out?" Dad asked, getting us to finally stop arguing and be quiet.

Dad sigh, walking over by the stairs. "Reindeer up on the roof. Santa suit laying on the ground. Guy fell. Not my fault. Reindeer on the roof. That is hard to explain." Suddenly a ladder appeared out of thin air, behind Dad. "It's the ladder." Charlie whisper, right before Dad turn around and bump right into the ladder.