Chapter Eighteen- Tender Touches

A few days after Zayn and I treasured each others bodies, we got all of our exam scores back. It turns out that all of the worrying and studying that I did paid off, I aced everything and passed all of my classes. The next step was graduation, which was today. I’d made the decision to not go off to uni yet, simply because I’ve been preoccupied by too many other things to focus on college yet. My mom said that the decision was fine, and staying with Zayn for another year definitely didn’t sound bad.

I stood in our room, looking into the mirror with my suit on, covered up by the graduation gown as Zayn walked behind me, encircling his arms around my middle. My eyes were teary, even though I hadn’t shed one yet, “babe,” he said kissing my neck. I ignored him as I stared at myself, not even knowing what I was looking for, not even knowing what I was looking at. “Baby,” Zayn called once again and a tear fell down my cheek. He too was dress in his graduation gown ready to leave public school forever. “What’s the matter, cutie,” he called once more, I parted my lips and cried a bit more. “We can’t go to graduation, Zayn,” he giggled, “what do you mean; you’ve worked for ass of all for this day and for your future.

You have to go to graduation babe.” I shook my head declining him, “but what is my future if it’s not with you.” I walked out of his arms and handed him my phone, letting his see the text message that my dad left me. His jaw dropped immediately, which in itself came as a shock to me, Zayn never let you see him sweat. He always was suave and cool when it came to problems, considering that his life was at stake, he showed a little bit of emotion. “Well,” he said slowly, “lets get ready to go, the ceremony starts in an hour.”

I looked at him like he was absolutely crazy, “we can’t go, Zayn, you could literally die.” He smiled, walking towards me and grabbing my hand, pulling me towards the door, “that’s not gonna stop me from sharing the best day of your life with you.”