Chapter Ten- Quickly Breaking

"Today we're going to start a new unit, chemistry," Mr. Tucker exclaimed, "I want all of you to get in groups of three and work on a study guide I've put together for the next three chapters. Whenever you think that you've done a substantial amount of work, you may leave; but remember, finals are in two weeks, be ready." I sat in my seat with my forehead on the table, trying to simply not cry before I got to my car, "hey Niall," I heard Peyton's painfully familiar voice ring. I looked up to see he and Kelsey both taking their places at my table, "what do you guys want," Kelsey put her hand on my shoulder, "you've been alone all day," she renounced.

I rolled my eyes and tapped my pen on the table, "can we work on this packet now, please," Peyton wheeled his chair closer to me, "sure, but just let us be here for you." I swatted their hands off of me, "leave me the fuck alone, I don't want to get closer to you guys, and I don't want to be associated with you guys at all," I stuffed my packet in my bag and swung it over my shoulder. "Niall, we can at least just talk this out, we're here for you," Peyton called after me, "I don't like you, you don't like me, why the fuck are you talking to me. Leave me alone," I screamed as I walked out of the class. "Niall, are you okay," Mr. Tucker yelled after me, "no."

~

I ran to the bathroom with tears starting to streak down my face, I told myself not to cry so much, but this was a very good reason to. I heard footsteps coming from the hallway, and with me being huddled into a corner with tears in my eyes, I got nervous. "Niall, what happened in there," Mr. Tucker asked upon entry, "I can't be here anymore, I can't deal with all of this at one time," I cried.

He laughed and sat beside me, "now I don't know why you haven't told me what's going on, I thought I told you the first day that you moved here that if you have a problem, come to me." I shook my head, "but this is more than about school," I said wiping my cheeks, "and I'm more than your teacher, we've been friends for a while now. What's bugging you, it can't be that bad." I looked into his eyes and chuckled, "it can."

~

I drove down the road as I gnawed on my nails, not out of nervousness, out of habit. I started to pull up to my parents house, feeling better than when I left home thanks to Mr. Tucker. I gave him my phone number and address just in case things got ugly with my dad, or anything else for that matter. "Hey baby, how are you how was school," my mom greeted as I opened the door, "hi, mom; I'm fine, thanks." We sat around the television and chit-chatted as we would usually do if I still lived here. It was nice to just hang out with the two people that would love you unconditionally, it was nice to know someone was still there.

Zayn doesn't favor me too much right now, Liam and the rest of my friends acted like they hated me, even though I know Liam could never hate anyone. I knew eventually I would have to face them, along with my father and Kelsey and Peyton, but really I just wanted to sleep, maybe get some Nando's. 

~

The sun was setting as I stepped out of my car and walked into the doors of the studio with my hands loosely in my pockets, it was early spring and I could still see my breath coil into the air after the sun started going down. As I walked into the art studio,, Eleanor and Zayn's eyes met with mine, making my shy away and sit in one of the seats at the back, where no one else was. "Um, as I was saying, I want you to reach deep inside of you and paint one of the most painful, heartwrenching things you've ever felt.

And remember, a painting has to be presented like a complete sentence, their is a main idea, and a question stated and answered." Zayn walked back to his desk and opened his arms, "one more time, paint the most painful thing you've felt," he restated. Without hesitation, I dipped my brush in the black paint and made a thumping heart, with some paper still exposed in the middle, spelling out  the word, 'you.' I wasn't necessarily talking about Zayn in the painting, moreso everyone who I loved the most, ironically, they all had hurt me the most.

I let the paint dry, but not before shedding a single tear on it, right where the letters were, blurring it a bit. My chair scraped the floor as I pushed it out and stood up, leaving the art on the table and walking out of the building as I felt Zayn's eyes burning a longing whole in my back.

~

I drove down the long dark road and wiped tears away furiously with my arm. I clenched my teeth and listened to nothing but my own sniffling, "what the fuck is this for," I asked no one in particular. I banged on the steering wheel, making the car swerve a little bit, "all I want is Zayn, and to be happy with him but apparently that's too much to ask." I heard the familiar ring of a text message coming through on my phone, why not now, perfect timing for whoever it was.

"Nialler, your time to choose is up :)."