Chapter Nineteen- Graduation Day

We took our seats in the rows among rows of stairs, Zayn sitting a couple rows behind me since his name started with an, ‘M.’ I sat with a deep blush on my cheeks and my heart racing at 100mph, the anticipation of graduation and the possible loss of Zayn altogether was too much. I wanted to die and just not deal with any of it anymore.

The principal then made her way onto the stage, opening the momentous ceremony and giving the same speech that is given every year. After an hour of multiple speeches, the part that everyone, except me, was waiting for. They started calling names and handing out diplomas, cycling through all of the last names, eventually getting to the name, Harold. My heart jumped causing me to cough as my row of people rose to go to the stage.

The line inched forward and my anxiety crept to insanely unhealthy levels. I thought I’d literally have a heart attack and die, at least that’s what I wanted to happen. “Niall Horan,” the principal announced and I choked as i walked up the stairs and grabbed my diploma. I looked out to the crowd to see Liam, Harry, Eleanor, and Louis applauding me. I then turned my head to se Zayn standing sturdily, with his lips in a thin line and tears running down his cheeks, “Niall you can leave the stage now,” the principal said sternly.

Zayn then blew a kiss to me and sat down, my gaze shifted to the crowd of parents in the stands as I made my way down the stairs. I saw a man in all black staring right back at me with a wide grin, “dad,” I whispered. ‘I hope you’re ready,’ he mouthed back.