Chapter Sixteen- A Weight Lifted

I woke up in Zayn's arms, snuggling with him as it was cold in the room, giving us another excuse to practically sleep on top of each other. I stood and stretched as the few rays of sun peeked through the window, and Zayn peeked an eye opened at me. "Hello Nialler," he greeted, "where'd you go last night." I smiled and collapsed back onto the bed next to him, " I took Peyton to a strip club and he got drunk. I let him dance on a bunch of strippers and he most likely fucked a random guy last night." Zayn chuckled, the air escaping his nose blowing my hair out of the way. I chose not to tell him that the random guy was Josh, and that Liam and I had to really discuss some things, "I'm gonna go wash up for school," I said standing and walking away. I knocked on Liam's door, soon hearing him yell to come in. "Hey," he greeted, "hi," I replied.

I sat on his bed and he stood in front of me grabbing a shirt and putting it on. "I don't want to hurt you with this news, but I also don't want to beat around the bush. Are you and Josh still together," I bluntly asked, he laughed loudly, "I'm sorry that I had you scared to hurt me with asking that," he giggled. "I broke up with him a while ago, because he was too focused on himself, and he literally cared for no one else."

I sat in shock with my hands covered my face, I mumbled out a muffled, "elaborate please." He sat beside me on the bed, "well, whenever your mom was in the hospital we were arguing because he wanted to go on a date, and I wanted to go to the hospital to check on her. He also didn't come to the funeral, I guess because he thought that her death was getting between the two of us. That's whenever I thought it had gone too far, so I broke up with him." I sat quietly shaking my head, wondering how I was so oblivious to all of this. "Get ready for school Ni, exams are today."

~

I rushed into Mr. Tucker's classroom five minutes before my first exam because Zayn felt like having a pre-exam snog in his car. "Niall, we've been waiting for you, sit, sit," Mr. Tucker rushed. I smiled at him and turned to see Peyton looking rough, and hungover, he refused to drink any water that I gave him last night. We proceeded to study acid nomenclature and finally it started to sink in.

I felt so stupid, this was one of the most simple things that I'd learned throughout this whole class, literally all I had to do was change a word. I looked over to Peyton once more and decided to give him my water bottle, seeing that he was struggling with his migraine. We both understood the concept, but he was too hungover to even care about it. The bell then rang signifying that it was time for the first exam of the day, "Niall," Peyton called before I could escape the doorway, "Thank you, for everything,"

~

I wrapped up the last exam of the day and walked towards the parking lot, texting Zayn along the way there. I let the occasional blush escape and find it's way to my checks. I saw his car in the distance and he perched onto of it. "Hello beautiful, you're quite smiley today," he greeted, he got off of the car to properly kiss me. "Of course, I don't have another year here, graduation is next week, and I'm with you," he clutched his heart and wiped away a fake tear, "oh babe that was so sweet," he cried sarcastically. We got in the car and went to the studio early, their was a class today and he claimed that their was a present waiting for me there.

~

I sat on the desk as Zayn closed the doors behind us, "so what was the surprise," he chuckled, "their isn't one." I looked at him with my best pissed off face, making him laugh some more, "you see," he started, "telling you that there was a surprise lets you expect something to be here. No matter how hard you try, that surprise that I would've given you would wouldn't really be a surprise, because you already knew about it." I nodded, crossing my arms, "I think not giving you anything was the biggest surprise of all." I got off of the desk, "you're a dick," I said before grabbing a can of paint. He giggled and I walked up to him smudging a bit of green paint onto his cheek. He gasped and stomped over to the paints, grabbing the purple and red, "you're a dick," he said taking one color into each hand.

He grabbed my arms, sliding his hands down slowly to stain them with color. "Motherfucker," I muttered through a grin and clenched teeth, I wrestled him to the ground and straddled him, ripping his shirt off and smearing the blue paint on his chest. "Niall, I will fucking kill you," he pulled my shirt and grabbed the can of green, splashing it onto me. I sat on top of him with my mouth agape, "Zayn," I said calmly, "your cheek is green, my whole fucking body is green, I think they should meet." I motorboated his face with my nonexistent breasts while he laughed uncontrollably and wrapped his arms around my unmarked back. I stopped shaking in his arms as his lips left green stains on my neck. We then wrestled our way to stand up, and never really found our way to our feet. In the process the paints on our bodies mixed together to create others, and while I would like to say it created a nice shade of pink, it didn't.

Together we made a disgusting brownish-purple-black that was actually really repulsive. The door creaked opened, "I'm sorry, is this a bad time," we both looked up to the door with Zayn on top of me and my hands around his neck. Perrie stood in the doorway, with thick eyeliner and highwaisted shorts on, "yes actually," I spoke up. "Comeback whenever the class actually starts, not ten minutes early, I don't need you here with my boyfriend unless it's about this class." She took a couple steps back, "Niall I'm sorry, I didn't mean to actual-," I cut her off, "I don't want your fucking sorry, nor do I care about it, can you just go." She walked out without hesitation and I resumed kissing my boyfriend, "if you ever see that bitch again," I started, "tell her to fuck off, and tell her that I won."