It keeps getting worse || Part 1

I looked at myself in the mirror unhappy with the way I looked. I never wanted to be this girl. The girl who disappoints her parents. I wanted to be the girl who laid in bed on Friday and Saturday nights who dreamt of going out but, never did because she knew it was trouble. I looked at the tight black dress with heels. My boyfriend, Jack, picked out this dress. It came to right above my thighs and he didn't even care if it was too short. I did my long brown hair. I curled it to perfection spraying hairspray in it then putting on dark makeup. He walked up behind me and put his arms around my waist. "Who's party are we going to again?" I asked pushing him off me. I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't like Jack. I liked nothing about him. I lied through my teeth everyday but, if I broke up with him he could ruin my reputation. He knows so much others don't.

I got into Jack's car sitting there with my legs crossed. I wanted nothing to do with him. I didn't want him touching me inappropriately. I wanted none of it. I pulled out my phone and texted some of my friends to even see if they were going. "Who the fuck are you texting?" Jack asked yelling at me while driving. "N-Nicole and Vanessa." I was frightened. He was so jealous over nothing. "Why did you hesitate then?" "Because you fucking scared me." I replied. We finally pulled up to the party, never in my life have I've been this happy to get to a party before. I felt my phone buzz. Of course, my friends weren't going. I walked inside holding onto Jack's hand like I always had too. I walked over to the couch and sat down to a random person.

"You don't drink I'm guessing." The random boy said to me over the music. "N-Nah I don't I'm just here for show." I rolled my eyes looking at Jack already all over other girls as I was sitting right there. "Why are you even with him?" He asked. "Woah, dude, no offense but I don't even know you." I said laughing looking at him. "Shit, my bad, Will." He said. I looked at the boy. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a white see-threw shirt over it. As well as ripped black jeans and all black converse. I then looked up at his face. He had the best smile I've ever seen. His hair was black and fluffy. I smiled at him. "Lex." I put out my hand and he shook it. "How come--" "How come you've never seen me before?" He asked before I even could. "Yeah." I chuckled lightly. "You're popular. I'm not. I've seen you a lot but you just never see me." He replied back. "I-I'm sorry." I shrugged. "It's okay, it looks like you don't even want to be popular." He said. "I really don't." I said looking down. I heard someone calling my name for beer pong since I was pretty good at it. "Hey! Here's my number." I said grabbing his phone and putting it in. "Text me sometime, we should hang." I said getting up and walking into the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later. I was still completely sober. I was tired and I wanted to go home. Sighing, I stood up and walked over to Jack. "C-can we please go now?" I asked tapping his shoulder. He turned around "W-what did you just say to me?" His voice getting louder. "Can we please go!?" I asked a little louder. Before I knew it his hand met my face. I was in shock. Yeah, he got angry but never before has he done this. Will saw what happened. He ran over to me. "Hey dude that wasn't fucking nice." Will said getting up in Jack's face. "Excuse me?" Jack spat. "You heard me asshole." Will then replied. I grabbed Will's hand. "Let's get out of here." I said to Will. He nodded and held onto me. "You'll fucking regret this Lex." Jack yelled. "Do it I don't fucking care." I yelled back.

Will and I walked out of the party. My knight in shining armor standing right in front of me. "Thank you." I said. "How could I ever re-" "Don't." He replied. "Okay." I smiled walking to his car getting in his passenger seat. "I'd feel better if you stayed at my house, knowing he couldn't get to you." Will said. "Are you sure, I don't want to be a bother." I replied. "I'm one hundred percent sure. I don't need you getting hurt." He replied driving back to his house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in Will's bed to 55 text messages. 10 from Jack, 15 from Nicole, 10 from Vanessa, 5 from my mom, and 5 from my dad. Will walked upstairs and sat on his bed as I laid there. "You might not want to check social media for awhile." Will sighed and said. "W-what why?" He replied. "J-Jack released some personal things of yours. No, I didn't look because I respect you. I've just heard." I was in complete shock. He put my personal pictures that were for him only on the internet. For the whole school to see. I started crying hard, not being able to breathe. Will pulled me into a hug. "Lex, listen." Will said. "It's probably not best if you go to school for a few days, I don't know how you'll explain to your parents... but you really shouldn't go. I don't want you being upset." Will said. I hugged him tight. "O-Okay." I replied leaning my head on his shoulder.

How could a stranger I met last night become my best friend within one day. I said to myself. I sat there on his bed. Still shocked, wanting to run away.