Well, Shit. || Part 12

Will slept on the couch as I slept in his bed. I sat up and sighed looking around his room, I was leaving. Today was the day. I looked around in his room and walked over to his desk. Papers were everywhere, I smiled to see the piece of paper from when he first taught me Pre-Calculus. I looked around more on his desk and into his drawers. I was just curious to see what he had in them. I saw a box and it looked like jewelry I didn't want to open it just in case. I heard footsteps downstairs, I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me and sat on the stairs where you could see the kitchen. 

I was studying will, his height, his messy morning hair, the way he never slept without a shirt on, everything about him. I felt tears come down my face and I just sat there not having the guts to go see him because I knew he was upset with me. I looked down at my feet on the pair of stairs in front of me. "Morning." Will said looking at me from the kitchen. "H-Hi." I looked at him nervously, was he still angry with me or was everything going to be okay? I walked down the stairs slowly with the blanket wrapped around me and into the kitchen. "Want some breakfast?" He asked. "Yeah sure." I smiled and sat down at the island. It was silent - not one of those good silences, a really awkward one where neither one of us knew what to talk about. This never happened before, we always had something to speak about, whether it was memories or school or.. us. "We need to talk." He said while making pancakes. "Yeah, I agree." I said. "What do we want to do with us, or this, whatever this is?" He sighed. "I-I, Will you know I'm still with Sammy at the moment and there's not much I can do about it. He loves me and I can't just break his hear--" There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I said. 

I walked over to the door and opened it, there was the boy I hadn't seen ever since he released personal things of mine, Jack Gilinsky. I sat there and took a deep breath, "Hi." I managed to get out. "Hey, can we talk? I know you go home today and I have some stuff I'd like to say before you leave." Jack said. "Who is it Lex?" Will called out and walked over. "Oh." He stopped short. "I'll give you two some time, I always come second anyways." Will rolled his eyes and walked back into the kitchen. "Uh, come in." I said and walked into the living room with him. I would've went upstairs for privacy but, I didn't know what he was going to do. I had no trust with him. "Listen, Lex." I sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you in the past, I really did love you and I wanted to get back at you for leaving with another guy I didn't know. I heard about your accident and I wanted to come see you but I never could because I was so nervous you would push me away. I was a dick and that is something you DID NOT deserve ever." I smiled listening to his words. He kept apologizing. I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you for that Jack." I said. "No problem, good luck in California. I know you'll have more fun there then you would here." He got up and walked out giving me one last hug goodbye. 

I walked back over to the kitchen and saw that the pancakes were done. I sat down and ate. "Ready to talk?" Will asked while sitting across from me. "Yes, of course. I was always ready to talk about this. Listen - I love you, and you know I do. I always have but, I need to tell Sammy about everything before whatever this is becomes something it should be. It's going to be hard you'll be in New York, I'm finishing up Senior year back in California. If you think we can do this, I'm in for it but I need to talk to Sammy in person before anything." He nodded his head in agreement. We finished our food and I went upstairs to pack my things and to get ready for my flight. 

Will walked into his room and over to his desk. He pulled the jewelry box out of the drawer and I pretended like I knew nothing about it. "Lex, here." He handed it to me. It was a beautiful heart diamond necklace. "This is for when we are finally together. After you talk to Sammy." I felt a tear drop and it rolled down my cheek. "I love you and always will. I hope you understand that." I hugged him tightly, I didn't want to leave but I had to go home to see Sammy. "Will, if I tell Sammy and he breaks up with me? Can I come to New York and stay with you and Nick?" I bit my lip looking up at him. "Of course you can. That's not even a question you have to ask, you're welcome wherever I am welcome. Besides home isn't home without you." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Now, lets go get you on that plane." Will said. "Wait, Will." I said looking up at him. "Fuck California, I'm not going back, what you said was just so true. I am staying here with you." He picked me up and spinned me around. "I love you too much to leave you." "Then its settled, you're staying here with me." Will kissed me hard. 

Omaha, I'm here to stay.