Chapter 63: The defeat of the masters

The shaking feeling eventually wakes me up. "Love... we have to leave. We leave for Vaes Dothrak today," I hear Daenerys say. I stretch a little and look at her. She frowns a little. "Did you have a dream?" She asks. "I did, I was with Jon. He was dead and then brought back to life!" I say excitedly. "That is impossible, Vis," Daenerys says. "There was a red priestess, a witch, she helped him come back to life. I think Rhaella helped too, but I think most of it came from the red woman," I explained.

Daenerys is shocked and looks with amazement at me. "Vis, that.... is amazing! You helped to bring him back!" She says. I smiled. "I do not like to admit it but the red woman probably did most of the work. But he is your nephew, of course, I would do anything to help him." Daenerys hugs me. "You are too good for me," she says. "I think you deserve the world, love. Come, let's get ready. It will take a few days till we get to Vaes Dothrak, so we better get ready."

Some nights ago, I finally discovered the origin of Jon. I saw the wedding between Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark. Jon must have been born from this marriage. I still do not know how he ended up with Eddard Stark, though.

It takes a few days to reach Vaes Dothrak. Daenerys is led to the temple of the Dosh Khaleen. I could not follow inside so I stayed near the entrance waiting for Daenerys. I wait for hours till I hear the door open. I turn to see who it is and low and behold it is my angel along with another young woman.

I get up and walk to her with a smile. "My queen!" I say. Daenerys brightly smiles at me. "My knight," she says with equal affection. "I heard about this one... she killed a bloodrider... with ease," the young woman says with reference. Daenerys nods. "Yes, she keeps me safe," she says. I join the two for a walk.

"I needed to get out of there. Those old women stink," Daenerys says. The young woman nods in agreement. "They do stink." Daenerys looks at the young woman. "You must have been young when your Khal died," Daenerys says. "Sixteen," she says. "Too bad he did not die sooner," Dany says. "Yes, too bad," she says with a smile and Daenerys smiles back. It seems we have reached a small secluded spot. Not many people are around, giving us a bit of privacy.

We sit down for a moment as we continue to talk. "Is it true you have three dragons," the girl asks "Mmhmm." "And they breathe fire?" Daenerys smiles at the girl. "They do. Would you like to see them someday?" She asks the girl. "I am Dosh Khaleen. I can never leave Vaes Dothrak until I rise as ash and smoke from the pyre on the day I die," the girl says.

I was about to say something but the girl is suddenly grabbed from behind. A man puts a hand on her mouth and a dagger on her throat. The dagger has a naked woman... Daario! I also see Jorah and Barristan just behind him. Daenerys quickly jumps up. "No, don't hurt her," she quickly says to Daario. "She will give us away," Daario says. Jorah nods in agreement. "We have to go," he says. Daenerys pushes the dagger away from the girl. "We will never get out of Vaes Dothrak alive," Daenerys whispers to the three men. "We can try, Your Grace," Barristan says.

"No. We can do more than that. You're going to help me," Daenerys says in a serious tone. I know she will do something amazing. "And you..." Daenerys points to the girl. "... have faith in me, Khaleesi. Do not betray me." The young woman nods and Daario releases her. We discuss the plan of Daenerys. I have noticed something else about Daenerys. She has a talent for showmanship.

The sun is setting and I wait outside of the temple as Daenerys instructed. Daenerys is led into the temple along with the Dosh Khaleen. In the temple, the Khals are there along with Daario. As soon as the Dosh Khaleen exit again I move up to the door and bar it closed with the young woman and Barristan.

I hope the plan works. Although, Daenerys defied the odds more than once. Why not one more time? Not much later the smell of smoke can be smelled in the air and a banging sound comes from the door. The Khals are trying to get out. They scream and bang at the door, but they do not get out. Slowly the whole temple is engulfed in flames.