Chapter 17

Going back in time

Athena's eyes fluttered open and she groaned as she got up

Athena's eyes fluttered open and she groaned as she got up. "Hey take it easy," Cedric said.  "Where's my dad?" Athena asked. "They've captured him. Any minute the dementors are going to perform the kiss." Hermione told her.  "They're gonna kill him?" She heard Harry ask as she quickly got up from the bed ignoring the pain from her side. "No. It's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul." Athena told him.

Suddenly the doors of the Hospital Wing opened.  "Headmaster, stop them. They've got the wrong man." Hermione said as they all walked to him. "It's true sir Sirius is innocent." Both Harry and Cedric said. "It's Scabbers who did it," Ron said as they all turned and saw him laying in one of the beds. "Scabbers?" Dumbledore asked. "He's my rat sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then gave him an owl.." Ron said but Athena interrupted him. "The point is we know the truth. Please believe us." Athena pleaded. "I do Miss Lupin-Black. But I'm sorry to say the word of two 15-year-olds and three 13-year-olds will convince few others. A child's voice however honest and true is meaningless to those who have forgotten to listen." Dumbledore said walking up to Ron and patting his foot not realizing he was hurting Ron.

The ring of the bell tolls on the clock was heard. "Mysterious thing time is. Powerful and when meddled with dangerous. Sirius Black is at the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws Miss Lupin-Black, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel to return before this last chime. If not, I fear the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it I think. Oh by the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." Dumbledore told Athena and Hermione before leaving and closing the door. "What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked confused. Both Athena and Hermione looked at each other knowing exactly what Dumbledore was. "Sorry Ron, but seeing as you can't walk," Hermione said as she took her time turning out from her shirt and wrapped it around Cedric, Athena, Harry, and herself.  Cedric reached to touch it and Athena took it in her hand shut she quickly swatted his hand away as she turned it three times. Then it started spinning as they went back in time.

Athena took the chain of the time turner off of them. "What just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry and Cedric asked as they looked around the now-empty Hospital wing. "7:30. Where were we at 7:30?" Hermione asked. "I don't know. Going to Hagrid's?" Cedric answered. "Come on. And we can't be seen." Athena said grabbing Cedric's arm while Hermione dragged Harry. "Hermione! Thena!" Harry and Cedric yelled after them as they ran ahead. "Hermione! Thena! Wait. Hermione, Athena will you please tell us what it is we're doing?" Cedric asked.

"Come on and we can't be seen." Athena and Hermione said as they grabbed both Cedric and Harry and started running to Hagrid's.  "Hermione! Thena! Hermione, Thena wait!" Harry and Cedric yelled as the girls ran ahead of them.  "Will you two please tell us what we're doing?" Harry asked as Hermione and Thena stopped by the pillar before leading to the outside area.  "You, you foul loathsome evil little cockroach!" The voice of Hermione was heard. "But that's us..." Harry and Cedric said confused as they watched the scene that happened earlier today.