Moonlit Promises

Chapter Sixteen

*Ailee's POV*

Looking around, we were in a valley of some sort. We had to avoid the main roads for now, because we were closer to the south, and after the previous encounter, I didn't feel like running into them again any time soon. My eye caught Junhoe, who was looking at his feet as he walked. I can't imagine what the hell he's even going through right now. He lost her once, he found her, felt everything again probably only to find out she didn't remember him, and now he's lost her for real. Despite all that, he hasn't left my side once. It put my more at ease I guess. Now and then, when he would catch my eye when he did look up, he would give me a weak smile and then proceed to kick the stone he's been kicking for about half an hour. 

"Junhoe?" Jinhwan asked, breaking the silence we had going out front. The rest of the guys were having a burping competition out back, when they were supposed to be keeping guard. Typical. 

"Yeah?" He managed to whsiper out.

"How you holding out?" He asked causiously, biting his lip. 

"Fantastically," he kicked the stone into the stream beside us and sighed. "I guess we just weren't meant to be together."

"Let's stop there for tonight. It's getting dark," I veered off to the right down the banking and waded through the little stream at the bottom, trying to get him to not think about it.

"Looks safe enough," Hanbin caught up with us. 

"So, who won?" I laughed lightly, trying to lighten the mood, even a little. 

"Wait, who do you think would win?" He nudged my shoulder. 

"Either you or Bobby obviously," I rolled my eyes laughing knocking him over in the water. 

"I think you'll find it was me," Chen raised his hand. 

"Of course. I should have guessed. The troll," I winked, hopping over the wall surrounding the building. It was a sort of warehouse. And it was big.

"YAH!" I heard him shout over the wall as Junhoe hopped over. Landing perfectly, he looked up and grinned. 

"Nice landing," I commented smiling as we made our way inside. Donghyuk and Jinhyung were following close behind, with Bobby and Hanbin following them. 

"I need a shower," I huffed under my breath. 

"There's that stream over the wall," Chanwoo blinked innocently. 

"I think I'll go, and clean up," I said dropping my bag on the floor next to Yunhyeong. Grabbing my bow and arrow on second thought, I hopped back over the wall. 

You're almost in Busan now... What if they're already there?

Then we avoid them. Find a boat and GET OUT. 

Why are you even running from him? You even admitted yourself you still loved him. Why not just go back to him?

I can't... What's to say he won't leave me again? No way...

I get it... I HAVE CRACKED IT!

The hell are you rambling on about now?

Someone has developed certain feelings for someone else... someone possibly by the name of Junhoe... Am I right or am I right?

No comment.

I was distracted from my thoughts when I heard a splash next to me. Instincively, I grabbed my bow and raised it aiming and ready to shoot. But there stood Junhoe. A smile on his face but sadness in his eyes.