Secrets

Chapter Two

*Ailee's POV*

I hardly slept during the night, worried about the other people in the room nextdoor. Out of all the things I should be worried about now, I'm worried about other humans. I could be being ripped open, but instead I'm here, listening for them to leave. I guess I've just gotten used to being alone all the time now. 

I heard my stomach growling, but I needed to ration my supplys. I could manage until tonight though, the pangs stop after an hour or so. Sighing, I walked from the room, taking my bow and arrow with me. One of the people was sat in the hallway, head resting against the wall. He turned and saw me, but sighed and looked back up. 

"How come you're not part of a group?" He suddenly said. I lowered my bow, contemplating whether I wanted to talk to him. I was going to leave to gather supplys, but then decided I'm not leaving my stuff with those still here. I would probably have to move now, they know where I am, and I don't want any supplys stealing. It's hard enough as it is. He was now looking at me, waiting for my answer. 

"I prefer being alone." I said simply. He didn't need to know anything about me, none of them did. 

"But it would be easier, being part of a group, wouldn't it?" He asked again. 

"Not exactly. I only have to gather enough supplys for me. And, it's less attention, so less... things come." I explained. 

"Well I guess. But it must be lonely." Why is he talking to me? The less I know about him... them... the better. Feelings are a bitch, I don't want them. What I want, is them gone. I shook my head and turned back around and walked down to the other side of the floor, to check the defences. I was checking the boarding up, when I felt someone behind me. 

"I'm Donghyuk, by the way." 

"And I don't care. When will the others wake up, so you can leave?" I know I'm a bitch, but I need them gone. Human interaction isn't a strong forté of mine lately. 

"I'll go see," he looked down, a little hurt, and turned away. 

"Hey, I'm sorry?" I called after him, when he stopped and turned, smirking. 

"I can forgive you, if you tell me your name?" Hmph, should have guessed. 

"Ailee." I turned back around, reinforcing a board that had come loose. 

"So is it true then?" What was he talking about now?

"Is what true?" I had humored him, now I want them gone. 

"Does it get lonely?"

"No. It doesn't. I don't need company. I'm used to being alone..." I sighed, and pushed past him, walking back to my room. He followed, natrually. 

"But, it's been two years. Have you been alone for the whole time?" QUIT.

"Yes I've been alone the whole time. No, I don't care, I like it that way. Now, can you go wake your group and leave?" I yelled slightly, slamming the door. I needed a shower, I need to change and wash my clothes... well. As good as I can wash them. There was a sort of waterfall around half an hour away. It got the grime off me, and got some dirt from my clothes. I still had the jogging pants and white t-shirt from the night everything happened. They were covered in blood and dirt, but I didn't have much else. I had managed to find a pair of shorts and a vest shirt from a store, and some black leggings and another white t-shirt. I had also found a backpack, which came in useful when I was scavenging for food and bandages and stuff. I packed some bandages and some food in my bag, and half a bottle of water. I tried to shower at least 3 times a week, even in this world, I don't want to be dirty.