16

*A Few Days Later*
"So are you and Blake dating?" Vanessa asks as she hands me a pair of jeans from my drawer. "No..... Yes... I don't know," I say flustered, "It's complicated." "Well I mean it looks like you are if you're going to LA for two weeks," Vanessa grabs my hand as I sigh. "We're are just friends, and I don't want to be the one that ends up getting hurt just because I think we're something that we're not," Vanessa sighs as I become my stubbornly known self. "Don't be stupid! Why else would you be going over there, if you're just friends. Obviously Blake sees something in you, you've got to be kidding me," I soon realize that Vanessa seems to be angry.

"How are you and Jonah?" I ask knowing that they must not be doing good. You see, whenever Vanessa and Jonah would fight, she would always turn most conversations into an argument. "We had a fight last night," 'predictable' I think to myself, "And we broke up." Now that I did not expect. "What?! I mean.... I'm so sorry. What did you fight about?" I stop packing and focus all of my attention on Vanessa who was know tearing up. "Over stupid shit," I hand her a tissue as she begins to cry harder. I sit next to her and begin running her back as she begins explaining the event. "He's been going out a lot recently and I was tired of it. So I confronted him on it and he told me to stop being such an 'insecure bitch'," Vanessa says as she uses air quotes. "Are you serious?! Oh I would've been pissed," I reply seeming to get angrier by the minute. We continue talking and packing for an hour or two more, until Vanessa has to leave for work. I move my suitcase of my bed and take it into the foyer.

My phone begins to buzz as the caller i.d reads 'Blake'. "Hey babe," I say into the phone as I park my suitcase by the door. "Hey," Blake replied hesitantly into the phone, "Um... Well slight change of plans." I begin to somewhat panic but I mask it with a simply 'mhm' anticipating what was going to be said next.

"So, well I might have a guest here when you come...." Blake says in a somewhat question type way. "What do you mean 'guest'?" I move into the kitchen, grab a glass and bottle of wine, then pour wine into my glass. "Well someone that I hope you'll like. He's friendly and a smaller version of me," At this point I was severely concerned. "I have a son. And his name is Ford," I almost choke on my wine. "Babe? You there?" I hum slightly into the phone as I drink the rest of my wine. "Are you ok with that?" I simply reply with a settle 'yes'.

I hang up the phone quickly and sit down, beginning to feel dizzy. 'He has a son?! What?!' I think to myself. "Well shit!" I drink another glass of wine and put it in the sink, to exhausted to deal with the dishes tonight, leaving them to think about in the morning.

I go into my room and begin to undress preparing to take a shower. I shower, wash my hair, and brush my teeth then dress, in my simple shorts and a sweatshirt, for bed. I get in bed and begin drifting off within minutes after this hectic day.

________________________________
What will Marilyn do?! She just found out about Ford and she's pretty nervous. Will she be able to make it during LA or will she shut down, not being able to accept what had just been revealed?!

Comment, Vote, and Enjoy!!