4

Once he made it to the bench, it was evident that he was pissed off, to the fullest. His teammates around him tried calming him but it didn't work by the looks of it, that was the least amount of help to the situation. The only player able to fully console him was number 6, center, DeAndre Jordan.

The game went on, time passing and the Clippers still leading the scoreboard as halftime approached. I find time, in the middle of this hectic game, to take a second and look at the Clippers side bench. I look at everyone on the team trying to ignore Blake. Just from the looks of him he seems intimidating. The way he chews on his mouth piece or how he's leaned back in his chair angered by his injury. But with just my luck, I try to glance at him without him noticing me but he looks straight at me and catches me. 'Oh God!' I think trying to play it off as if I hadn't done such a thing but every once in a while I could see him study my facial expressions, throughout the rest of the quarter. "Marilyn, oh my god! Blake's looking at you!!", I smile at Denise sheepishly trying to hide my face. The halftime buzzer goes off, sending the Knicks dancer out onto the stage, to perform their halftime dance."I know but it was a mistake. Is he still looking? Am I clear?", Denise looks unnoticeably towards the Clippers bench, giving me the answer that I was somewhat dreading the answer that was about to be unleashed. "Better yet he's coming over here! Good Luck!", Denise quickly moved away just as she noticed Blake behind me.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and smell the horrid smell of sweat. I whip around to see him, Blake, towering over me. "Uh..", he chuckles noticing me jumping from being somewhat scared, "Sorry but, you seemed to be very interested in the Clippers bench a few moments ago.", I'm completely shocked. I didn't realize that he had read my face and motive better than I thought he would. "Yeah, I just saw that you seemed a bit ho- I mean pissed, and I was just wondering if everything was ok, that's all.", I turn to give my few friends, who've noticed him, a frantic look. "Oh well the next time your wondering if everything's ok, why don't you call me.", I slightly smile at him, noticing his smooth punch line. I nod my head as he slips me a piece of paper, obviously a piece from the coaches notes, that has his number and his name; Blake ;). Blakeand I stare at each other awkwardly. Him giving me somewhat goofy looks and me nodding my head and giggling, obviously nervous. "Aye Blake let's go!", Blake hurries off winking at me on his way to the team locker room.

I rejoin my friends, whose jaws are completely dropped in astonishment. "What the hell!! How?!", They all give me looks, as if I had just invented fire or something. "Please let's not make a big deal out of this." I say hesitantly turning back in my seat waiting for the game to start again. 'How could I be so calm after the Blake Griffin just gave me his number', I think to myself.

Comment, Vote, Share, and Enjoy!!