5

The Next Morning

I wake up, hearing the awoken life of New York. Cars honking their horns, tires screeching, and the sun beating on my face through my windows. I get up and begin my usual Saturday morning. I start to straighten up my place. I make my bed, making sure that my pillows are extra fluffed. Then I hop into the shower, washing my hair twice. After I get out, I brush my teeth, put my hair in a simply messy bun, then I get dressed. Skipping make up like my every usual Saturday. I get dressed, deciding that some leggings and my oversized NYU sweatshirt jumper will do. I then proceed to check my phone for updates as I begin to make some tea on the stove. I reply to a few text messages one being from Denise, making me remember last nights adventure.

As I sit and wait for my tea I begin to remember all the events of last night. The Clippers winning against the Knicks, infuriating many fans. Blake Griffin successfully performing one of his famous dunks on Kris Humphries. Oh, and Blake giving me his number. I somewhat felt obligated to actually try and text him, it would make me look like a complete bitch towards him if I don't at least text him. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I hear the eerie noise of the tea kettle, implying that my tea is done. I pour myself a cup, adding some honey and lemon. As a child I would always have Gina, our maid, make me her famous cup of tea. But when my father fired her, after my mother suddenly felt a disliking towards her, I never really did see at all or get to taste her majestic cup of tea. I grab my phone deciding that it would be a good time to try and text Blake. I send him a simple message, 'good enough' I think to myself as I put my phone down to go answer the door.

I check the clock and it reads 10:20, 'I don't remember making any plans' I think to myself as I open the door to see Cara and Gisele holding coffee and bagels. "Hey sis!", they emerge into my apartment taking in the somewhat simple but edgy vibe. They place the food on the counter as they continue to check out the apartment. "I completely forgot about our plans. I'm sorry." I say as Cara brings the food over to the table as Gisele gets some plates and silverware from the cupboard. "It's ok. Let's eat!", I join them both and we begin breakfast.

We finish eating and begin to clean up. They both finish and retire to the counter as they watch me put up a few dishes. I turn around to see them both intrigued in my phone. "What are you guys looking at?!", I asks frantically rushing over to them, but being denied access by Cara's one free arm. "Who's Blake?!", Cara asks reading the text message that he's sent back, "And why is he asking you 'if dinner at Novu sounds good'?", I finally snatch the phone from both of their deathly grips. "He's just a friend.", Gisele looks at me with a curious smirk. "What kind of friend?", She asks now making her way towards me trying to intimidate me. "He's gay!", I yell out. I realize that I was far from it. He probably had to be one the most masculine guys that I'd ever come across. His biceps and muscles prominent, his sense of slight cockiness but also hint of confidence. Something about him sent shivers throughout my body.

"Oh good! Well I wanna meet him!", Cara says grabbing her phone out of her purse, "What a great idea! How about we all eat at Novu tonight!". I start to panic as I remember back to when my family first met my sisters, now husband , they completely ate him alive. I could've sworn that he shit his pants by the end of the night. "No! We have to talk about some stuff. It's personal.", I say, "Well it's been good seeing you guys. Make sure you notify me the next time you guys decide to stop by! Thanks for coming!", I hurriedly say as I grab both of their bags, them included, and rush them out the door. I go back to my phone agreeing to a dinner date for later on, then proceed to send him my address. Tonight's gonna be a good one......

Comment, Vote, Share, and Enjoy!!