14

Thank you all for 3k reads! When I first started this story I never did think that it would get to where it is today! And I want to thank you all so much for voting and continuing to read my story, even though I haven't been so consistent with my updates. But I plan to start being more involved with this story, in the near future. Well that's all thank you so much!! 💘💘
_____________________________

*Weeks After*
Now that I'm back in New York things seem to be different. My relationship with my mom is great and I'm in a great place in my life. My paintings have become more detailed and I have been drawn to write. I write whenever I'm free. Mostly when I get home from work and I can't find anything else to do.

The day went by fast, mostly spending it talking on the phone with Blake and watching old movies. "So you called because you need help with your 'art' homework?" Blake asked through the phone. "I don't know draw a square and call it a room," I laugh in response. "I'm not drawing a square and calling that art. Are you trying to get me to fail?" I ask as I walk into my kitchen to grab something to drink. "Well what's the project about?" I pick up the piece of paper from class today. "I have to define a change in my life," I walk back to the couch, "As if I know what that means." I fall back on the couch to hear Blake chuckling. "Don't second guess yourself babe," my stomach began to flutter at the sound of him calling me 'babe'. "You've been in this class for a while. You'll get the assignment in no time. Trust me!" Blake confidently spoke on the other end of the phone. The amount of confidence that Blake has in me is overwhelming. I had never had someone more supportive of myself other than myself, and it felt good to have someone there like that.

"Well I could use some inspiration?" I roll over onto my stomach curling my hair with my fingers. "Well that depends. What type of inspiration are we talking about?" I could tell by the sound of his voice that he wanted something completely different than I did. "Not what you're thinking sir," I laugh through the phone as Blake curses, jokingly. "Well it was worth the try," he replied, "You should come visit me in LA. It'd be nice to have you here." I think about it for a few moments and get lost in my thoughts, until Blake snaps me out of my daydream. "Lyn? You there?" I snap out of my thoughts and back to reality in no time. "Yeah yeah, that'd be nice, but I would just have to figure out when," I say into the phone. "How about next week? I got a home game and you'll be my special guest," I blush. "Ok well I need to finish this project, so let me go," I say. "Mhm.... Ok I'll talk to you soon alright?" Blake replies opening a bag of chips, to what it sounds like.

We get off the phone after a good hour of talking. I get off the couch and return to my easel. Surprisingly I seem to have a bit of confidence about what I'm going to draw. I begin to think about the past weeks. My dad dying, my mothers relationship with me strengthening, and Blake and I drawing closer to each other. I decide to paint myself, with the help of a picture from when I first moved to New York. I draw myself in front of my apartment, I have the pain of my severed relationship with my parents and then the change to it becoming better. I have the focus of myself changing from the time of when I first moved here to now. Along with Blake and me together. When I finish I see how much everything's changed. I've found myself again and I feel at home here. 'Everything seems better..........' I think to myself as I wrap my painting to turn in at class.

________________________________

So I don't know where to take it next so I'll let you all decide if that's ok. Either I'm going to make Marilyn have a run in with her past that affects her and Blake in LA or I'm going to keep the story running smoothly. Your choice!!
So yeah Comment, Vote, Share, and Enjoy!!