Homecoming

Jade and I were sat in my room

Jade and I were sat in my room. Jade was helping me get used to my new prosthetic leg.

"What's up with you? You've been quiet for days," Jade said. "And I know it's not the new leg,"

"Just guy troubles," I said.

"Come on spill," Jade said.

"I think I like a Serpent," I mumbled.

"LJ's brother?" Jade asked. I nodded.

"Also you are bound by all sibling code from blabbing to Archie or Veronica and potentially Dad," I said pulling off my prosthetic leg.

"You told Mom you like a Serpent? How did that go?" Jade asked.

"Technically he turned up with flowers and food for me and Mom answered the door. But she was oddly calm about it," I said. 

"Breakfast," Mom yelled. We walked out to the dining table where Veronica was sitting and Mom was on the phone.

"That's incredible, Paul. You will keep us posted, won't you? Okay, thanks... Thank you," Mom said hanging up.

"Some good news for a change?" Veronica asked.

"That was your dad's attorney. Turns out, our statements did make a difference and the judge seems inclined to give your father a break," Mom told Veronica.

"How much of a break?" Veronica asked.

"Time served. A few more months, if that," Mom said.

"And then what? We move back to New York?" Veronica asked causing Jade and me to stop what we were doing and drop our cutlery turning to Mom.

"Or your father moves here," Mom said.

"What about the crimes he's committed? Including, maybe, Jason Blossom," Veronica said. Jade and I looked at each other.

"Hold up what the hell are you talking about?" Jade asked.

"Stop it, Veronica. There is no proof that your father had anything to do with that," Mom said.

"He's in jail because of the Blossoms, Mom, that gives him a motive," Veronica argued back.

"Okay. Veronica, you need to be supporting your father, not demonizing him... Again, for things that you have no proof of," Mom said. Veronica left.

"It's like we're already back in New York," I said to Jade. Jade nodded.

"What do you mean by that?" Mom asked.

"You know exactly what I mean," I said eating my sausage and eggs.

"I really don't," Mom said.

"You and Veronica fighting Mom. You guys were constantly at each other's throats in New York. That changed when we moved here and now Hiram's coming back it's going back to how it was in New York," I said.