Baby shower

I was back at school and I decided to hang out with Kailey, Veronica, Archie, and their friends.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby," Betty said.

"Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters. No offense, Cheryl." Jughead said.

"None taken," Cheryl said

"So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly. That's a true Gordian knot." Veronica said.

"It's an impossible situation," Betty said.

"Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Fair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night. Which happened to me one year, I know. This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in its conception. What if my mom, Bailey, and I were to host a baby shower?" Veronica said.

"Count me in," Cheryl said.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported, right?" Veronica asked Betty.

"Yeah, but ideally by her own parents," Betty said.

"Okay, so, baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight, and, voila, let the healing begin." Veronica said.

"Am I expected to come to this thing?" Jughead asked.

"Of course! You're Betty's boyfriend, so... oh, my God, you guys, relax. It's just a word that starts with the letter "B." Betty, what do you say?" Veronica asked.

"Do I have to come to this thing or can I ditch?" I asked.

"You live there," Cheryl said. "You're not ditching me either this lot."

"Sorry baby sister. You're coming and you have no say." Veronica said messing with my hair.

"Fine but I'm not wearing some fancy outfit. T-shirt and shorts." I said.

"Elizabeth Cooper." Mrs. Cooper said walking in with Jade.

"Mom?" Betty asked.

"I need you and you and the girl next to Cheryl. Right now." Mrs. Cooper said. I groaned and stood up.

"What have I done?" I asked Jade. She shrugged.

"Sheriff Keller told us everything. How you're hiding Polly at the Pembrooke?" Mrs. Cooper said.

"Better than in an insane asylum," I muttered earning a slap in the head from Jade and Veronica.

"Actually, Mrs. Cooper, that's on me. I was the one who suggested that Polly stay with us. Jade and Bailey haven't done anything." Veronica said.

"She's trying to help. Unlike you and Dad, who want Polly to give the baby up for adoption." Betty said.

"Betty, it's what's best for Polly and the baby." Mrs. Cooper said.

"Mom, that's not your choice. Your choice is whether or not you want to be a part of Polly's life. Bailey, Veronica, and her mom have offered to host a baby shower." Betty said.

"Well, that is hardly appropriate!" Mrs. Cooper said.

"Really? Because I think it's an amazing idea. Do you want to be loving and supportive like a normal grandmother? Then, great. Otherwise, stay away." Betty said. Mrs. Cooper left.

"Oh Bailey, I forgot to give you this," Jade said handing me my report card.

"Great, I'm passing Algebra, PE, Biology, Chem, Physics, Spanish, Home Economics and failing American History, English, Calculus, and Math," I said.