Amputation

I was in hospital having my below the knee amputation surgery. They put me under anaesthetic and took me to surgery. I woke up a couple hours later. Reggie was holding my hand and Veronica was sat next to me.

"Hey." I said groggily.

"Hey gorgeous." Reggie smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Veronica asked.

"Tired as hell." I said.

"That's the anaesthetics wearing off. As far as the doctors are concerned the surgery went great." Veronica said.

"Why is my entire gym class in the waiting room?" Jade asked walking in.

"Your gym class is filled with Bailey's friends." Reggie said.

"Woah. You're even more popular than Veronica." Jade said.

"Yeah because I'm dating the football captain and I didn't piss the head cheerleader off." I said. Veronica glared at me.

"Be glad I love you otherwise I would of hit you." Veronica said kissing my head.

"How are you feeling Bailey?" Dr Matthews asked.

"Other than tired, hungry and thirsty." I said.

"The boys all have pizza in the waiting room for you." Reggie said. I smiled.

"Well we'll keep you in overnight for observation and if you're clear then we'll teach you how to keep it clean and then you can get discharged. You're okay to have visitors but not too many." Dr Matthews said. I nodded. He left.

"We're going to get food for us and Mom is with Polly and Betty who's talking to Sheriff Keller so I'm taking Veronica home then I'll be back." Jade said kissing my head. Veronica did the same then left.

"How are you feeling little Lodge?" Cheryl asked walking in with flowers and chocolates.

"I'm doing good. Thanks Cheryl." I said.

"Good because annoying your sister is getting boring." Cheryl said. I laughed.

"How can annoying Veronica get boring?" I asked.

"She doesn't pay attention." Cheryl said. After a while Cheryl left and the boys came in. We sat around my bed watching Green Bay's game. Mom, Dad and Jade walked in with a girl.

"Hey shift up. We're joining." Jade said. I moved over and Jade and sat next to me.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl.

"Kailey Gomez." The girl said.

"Surprise you have a twin." Mom said.

"What?" Me and the boys asked.

"So is my last name Gomez too?" I asked.

"Legally. You, Jade and Kailey are all Gomez. Jade decided to go with Andrews and you two have the same choice." Mom said.

"Can we have this conversation when I'm not high on painkillers?" I asked.

"Yes." Dad said.

"Yes Green Bay won." Dylan said.

"10 bucks. " Reggie, Dylan, Noah and I said. The other boys each gave us 10 bucks.

"Should we be concerned one of our fifteen year olds is making bets on sports games?" Dad asked.

"Veronica was popping pills like breath mints at 15." Jade said.

"So were you, Kailey you were doing it at 14." Dad said to Jade and Kailey.