Saving Pop's

I walked out of my bedroom in the Pembrooke

I walked out of my bedroom in the Pembrooke. Mom was sitting at the table reading her paper. 

"Come sit and eat," Mom said. I sat down and started eating the plate of food.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted us to have a nice breakfast before you move in with Fred," Mom said.

"I can still come over for breakfast. It's probably the safer option right now. Jade says that Archie's making breakfast and he's almost burnt the kitchen down," I said. Mom smiled.

"How's your Dad?" Mom asked.

"He's getting better," I said looking at the time. "I should get going," 

Timeskip

Jughead was telling us about Pop Tate's diner.

"It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit. He says he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open, maybe not even a week," Jughead said.

"It's because of what happened to our dad. People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest, guys, I don't see myself going back any time soon," Archie said.

"Wait, I'm sorry, am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place. Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in," Betty said.

"I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full," Jughead said.

"With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority. I'll take point on helping Pop Tate," Betty said.

"I'll help, too, Betty. Hey, anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in," Veronica said.

"Another Bee and Vee team-up. They should make a video game about you guys," Jughead said. "I gotta jet. I'm off to meet my dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station,"

"I'm gonna come with you, Jug. I gotta drop some flyers off for Sheriff Keller," Archie said. Both the boys left.

Timeskip