THREE

"Nothing can change my love for you." I remember those words I've said countless times to him. I deamt of him like a whole night and ended up sobbing under the sheets. I hate myself being like this.

I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Something very spicy and tasty. I called my mum while cutting vegetables putting it on speaker. She was making breakfast too. She cooks the best in the world.

She asked,"When will you come home? I miss you so much."

"At Christmas, I will be home for more days this time." I don't stay at home for a long time. My elder brother, Rey, lives with my parents. He takes care of them for me. His name define him perfectly. It's like he is like the Ray of light who can always find hope in arduous situations. He is kind and intelligent but isn't amiable.

I like to live alone. When I am home, I want at least an hour or two alone. I like silence and darkness around me that's not going to happen when you have a brother who's always there to annoy or to have a quarrel for no valid reasons. His irrationality never put an end.

I talk to my mom daily on call or on chat. Either is okay for her. She gives me some space for my own. Once this private space was given to my brother and now he has done with his academics. Now its my turn. I met her last, 20 days ago. That was my brother's birthday surprise. He's best brother in the world only if he become more affable.

I heard knock on my door second time. I ignored the first one deliberately.

I put the pan on the slab and said,"I'll talk to you later mum, someone's on the door." She hung up saying,"Take care." I opened the door and here is the most disgusted man making my taste buds malfunction just before I eat.

"Can we talk?"

"No." I closed the door.

He tried to open it but I was too fast. I wanted to do a small victory dance but the same time I wanna cry. I turned the stove off and headed towards the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and turned the shower on. I let the cold water trickle down my body. My eyes become wet again. I let all the tears fall and washed off of me before I step out of the bathroom.

Jas's P.O.V.

I don't wanna hurt her but she's so obstinate to have me. It's one of the things that I like about her but it's not the time yet. I know how much she love me. She thinks that only I take care of her but I know what she has done for me and how much she has taken care of me. We were too young to make any decisions of our future and I can't just trick her for the time being and leave when I won't be able to be with her. I want to make her strong enough to live with or without me. But all her weakness lies on me till now. I want her to be in front of me my whole life but I can't take any risk on her. I can't put her in danger.

After our last fight I know she must have been crying. She become sick whenever she cries. I didn't want her to be alone in that condition so I came to console her. I knocked the door. She didn't answered. I knocked again louder than before. She came and opened the door but I missed the chance to enter.

I went backyard and found a window wide open and that's for me. I leapt the wall and entered the room. The soothing sound of burbling water came to my ears. She was taking a bath.

Soon I heard her sobbing and my heart ached. I closed the window and curtains, switched off the lights and closed the door from inside. I stood on the side of the dressing close to the door of her bathroom and waited eagerly for her to come out.

Mahi's P.O.V.

I put my bathrobe on on my slightly wet body and headed out while wiping water out of my hair with my towel. A pair of hands slipped through my waist from behind. I was paralysed for a second. He hugged me resting his chin on my shoulder where strands of hair were falling on my face and must be on his face too. I saw his vague features from the corner of my eye.