SIXTEEN

I cried,"No."

He plastered a wide cunning smile on his lips pointing his gun at me. While he peeked at me from behind the gun that concealed his face from me.

He winked at me and pulled the trigger.

My eyes widened.

My eyes fell open suddenly and I sat on the bed in a blink of eye. I kept my hand on my chest. I was panting and my heart was racing erratically. I was half wet from sweat.

I dreamt exactly what I saw before I went to sleep. The difference was just that I was the target of that pointed gun. I don't trust Dave that he won't kill me.

I got off the bed and opened the window. It was night. The ground which looked spectacular had not much light to see anything. I sat on the bed and checked if I can run. I did 20 high knees. It didn't hurt much. I can run.

I went to the wardrobe. I wrapped a scarf around my waist for my abdomen to look bigger not delicate like Dave always said.

I peeked out. A man was standing a bit far away. I focused my eyes on him to understand his features. He was wearing a suit with matching shoes on. He was stood there like a bodyguard. His chest was out with confidence.

I looked in the mirror. I didn't seem perfect to be called a man. I wrapped another scarf around my waist. Then I wore a t-shirt. I wore another t-shirt and didn't let my hairs out so that it could hid in perfectly. I wore a shirt and then a coat which became tight so I ke0t it aside to wear it later. I somehow managed to wear a black pant and put on a shoe then managed to wear coat on top. It wasn't a leather shoe but in dark it'll do and will help me run.

Fortunately, Dave arranged dresses for every occasion including office wear.

I peeked through the door. That man was still there looking straight in front of him. I looked at the camera. I knew he would have kept a man to watch over me. If I want to escape, it's the right time. I took a deep breath to take a risk. I did a rehearsal to walk like a man. A confident young man or better to say bodyguard.

I crept out steadily and along the other side of the hallway from the room I started walking against the direction of bodyguard. I started walking like a man.

I didn't made any noice for him to notice. If he would see me from back he probably won't stop me. I didn't rush. I walked normally like a man patrolling the hallway.

Thank god boys never notice little differences.

I reached the stairs and walked down. I didn't stopped on the first floor and went down the stairs directly on the ground floor. I peeked through the hallway and didn't see the end. There were cameras too. The camera was in the right capturing the hallway along with the stairs meeting there. So, I turned towards left just after i stepped down the staircase in order to not let them see my face.

I don't know how much time I have to run away. They will start looking for me anytime soon.

I saw a man coming towards me. He would recognise I'm a girl if my face became visible. My hairs would become the betrayer if he came close.

I was looking for a way and got one. I turned towards it and it lead me to the garden. I quickly got down from the marble floor to the turf of grass. It felt so good to get my freedom again.

I smiled and took a fresh deep breath when a deep voice of a man interrupted,"What are you doing here."

I took another two steps to come close to the fence from where the flowers were planted. I spread my legs and pretended to pee. The lights were falling partially on the plants.