Chapter 34

Dream climbed the stone steps, opening the door with a delicate nudge. The wind was blowing delicately, slightly swaying his messy hair as he pushed himself past the door. It was a perfectly warm night, the wind giving a nice cooling sensation.

Just as he was told, George was sitting on the edge of the roof, arms wrapping over the railings as his head leaned against it, totally lost in thought. He didn't even realise Dream walking up behind him.

Dream kicked a small stone that was in his path, causing the sitting male to jump, turning around fast and getting in a position where he was able to flee at any given moment.

"It's just me" Dream reassured with a small smile as he watched the brunette calm down and turn back around.

"How did you know I was here?" He asked in a tight tone as Dream sat down besides him, letting his legs hand over the edge like George's.

"Karl told me that I might find you here." There was no response from George, the other simply looking out into the city. He turned to look where George was looking. You could see the whole city from the roof, the town square and the busiest streets, bright lights where all the cars were passing by. He could imagine there was probably traffic at the centre of the city; many bodies brushing past one another as they walked the long and nicely decorated streets. He couldn't remember the last time he was able to do that, just walk around and enjoy himself.

"The view is nice... isn't it?" George responded with a delicate hum, leaning on the metal fence, his chin resting on his crossed arms.

"Me and Sap used to sneak up onto the roof when we were younger, he liked the view and how the wind hit his face every time he stood on the edge. The view wasn't as nice as it is here however." He began, remembering how much Sapnap would beg him to go because he was too scared of getting caught. Dream on the other hand didn't want to take the chance, knowing that doing something stupid would cause both of them to get much harsher training for at least a week. However his raven haired friend would remain persistent, even going as far as trying to bribe him to go with him. "We actually had a hide out at the top, turns out that it was a old electrical room which got changed into a storage unit. We were able to move the boxes to the front and make a small hole for me and Sapnap. He called it the Drapnap den." He could remember the the grin on Sapnaps face when he first told him what he decided to name their 'base'.

The was a small chuckle from the other "of course Sapnap chose that name..." there was a small break.

"I used to come here a lot when I was younger too. I did it more when Phil first took me in. It was just a place of comfort really. I didn't know anyone at first and I didn't really want to know them...I saw no point at the time, I was able to code and that's all that mattered to me at the time. Karl was the first person that I was able to open up too... I started using the place as a way to collect my thoughts after that."

Dream understood him in a way, he himself was picked up from the street and brought into the environment they are in now. He knew that his parents had left him, he knew that he needed to look after himself, people were a waste of time for him. Sapnap was the one to change him, slowly causing him to open up.

They seem to have a lot more in common than he had previously thought.

"George look... I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stand up with you earlier... I just really don't want anything to happen to you, I really want you to be safe-"

"It's alright, don't worry about it." George quickly responded, his tone flat. It was quite clear to Dream that the other was not convinced however was trying to let it not affect him.

"Don't be worried about Sapnap... he will be fine. He is strong and I'm sure he will be able to wait a little for us. We will all be happy together. I promise."

Brown eyes looked at him, desperately trying to seek comfort in his green ones. "How can you know that for sure..."

"Because I'm amazing, obviously." Dream responded, a cocky smirk on his face as he leaned back slightly. The brunette chuckled, the warmth of his laugh filling Dreams senses. George's laugh was warm, filled with love and happiness. He didn't even realise that he smiled every time he heard it.

"You're such an idiot..." the other murmured, looking back out at the sea of lights. His skin was healthy, a few scratches here and there but healthy; eyes filled with life. It was comforting watching how George could be at peace with his mind.

He looked so... beautiful.

"I spoke with Phil... he said he will consider doing a mission for Sapnap" he began slowly, watching as the brunette in front of him immediately turned around.

"Phil... he will do it?"

"High chance of it."

George's eyes lit up, a wide smile spreading across his face. He was about to say something however Dream quickly cut him off. "I've asked Phil if I could be the leading role in it. I wouldn't want any of his workers or worse family getting hurt whilst saving someone who has no relation with them..."

"What..." the bright smile had quickly disappeared, George tucking his legs in from over the edge to move close to Dream "Your not going alone Dream."

Dream couldn't let George go, he knew how dangerous it was. Even with a really well thought out plan, things could go wrong. Schlatt wasn't one to mess with, and it was almost guaranteed that if he saw either one of them, he would kill them on the spot.

Dream couldn't take those risks, not with George.

"No, I will go. I can't risk Schlatt doing anything to you..." he began but quickly paused as he felt two hands grip on his shoulders. He could hear his heart pound in his ear, pounding as he looked down at George, his brown eyebrows turned in a furrowed manner.

"Dream! You can't do that to me!" His grip on Dreams shoulders tightened "Your worried about me but do you care what I think? What about me? I have no idea what I'll do without you, you can't do that to me!"

"I'll be fine George, I will get Sapnap and we will get back quickly."

"But what if something bad happens? What if Schlatt has it all planned, what if he has already done something to Sapnap. What if he has killed him? What if he kills you-" the burn eyes eyes were tearing up as he rambled continuously, hands beginning to slightly shake as he started to think of the worst scenarios that could happen.

Dream pulled the other towards him, embracing him as he rubbed small circles into his back. He could feel his shoulders relax, most of George's body weight being shifted onto Dream, small sniffling being heard. "You don't know how important you are to me... I can't just loose you..." he could feel the vibration of George's voice against his chest, warmth seeping in through his hoodie. His heart ached every time he felt warm tears seep through his hoodie, leaving small patches of wet tears. He couldn't leave him like this.

"I know George" he whispered "I know..."

———————————————————————
•this chapter is a little shorter I know... it will all be worth it I'm the end however
•also, happy thanks giving to all of my readers! (I know that it was yesterday however I still wanted to wish all of you a day filled with happiness and joy (: )
•thank you so much for all the support (:
•thank you for reading 'Into you'!