12

I invited Taehyung over to my house. I wasn't mad that he was supposedly jealous, I was just curious. I didn't invite him just for that though, it was also because I've missed him.

I heard a knock on the door and smiled to myself. 

I invited Taehyung in, closing the door behind him.

"Whoa Jungkook, your place has gotten worse since the last time I was here." Taehyung said.

"Hey, I tried cleaning a little bit before you came here."

"Well I don't see it." He laughed.

"Whatever." I scoffed. "So tell me, what have you been doing that you couldn't see your best friend in so long?" I sat down on the couch folding my arms.

"Well, I am the son of a popular business man, Kook. It's just boring stuff you probably wouldn't care about."

"Right." I said, rolling my eyes. "Anyways, I want to ask you something because I'm curious."

"Shoot." He said.

"I was with Eunjin a few days ago and she told me that you're jealous of me hanging out with Jin."

Taehyung looked confused. "Uh...Eunjin said this?" He asked.

"Yeah, so are you?" 

"What? No I-I'm not."

"Really?" 

"Yeah."

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just wondering."

"Well I'm not." He said, looking away from me.

"It's not because I spend too much time with him, is it?"

"What? No! I told you, I'm not. I don't care who you hang out with."

"Well I wouldn't get why you would be, seeing as you don't seem to care that much anymore." I said, now thinking about it. I knew he was lying, I could tell by the way he talked and stammered over his words. 

"What? What do you mean? Are you saying that I don't care about you?"

"Maybe" I mumbled but I think he heard it. 

"Kook, that's ridiculous. Of course I care about you."

"I'm just saying because you seem jealous that I'm hanging with Jin when you don't even want to hang out with me!" I said in a firm voice.

"Kook, I told you, I'm just busy and I'm not jealous."

"Yes you are, stop lying to me."

Taehyung looked down, sighing.

"Eunjin already told me, Taehyung." I said.

"Okay...maybe I was a little jealous but not for the reason you think." 

"Then what is it then?" 

"It's because I'm afraid that since you're hanging out with such a handsome nice guy that you would eventually leave me alone."

"Is that it?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"Ugh Taehyung, you should know by now that I would never leave you, at least not for that stupid reason. You're overthinking." 

"Well, you like Jin, do you?" 

"As a friend, yes."

"No, I mean actually like him."

I widened my eyes in shock. "What?! No! I don't like him."

"Well, you're spending a lot of time with him."

"We're just good friends."

" 'Friends' don't spend that much time together, and you know it. You definitely like him."

"Holy shit Taehyung, I. DO. NOT. stop assuming all the time." 

"Well I mean, who would be able to resist? A handsome face along with a charming personality, who couldn't stay away?"

Taehyung was starting to get on my last nerve. I was fuming with anger inside.

But those few words didn't leave my mind. 'Friends don't spend that much time together.' I couldn't stop thinking about those words. 

Was I spending too much time with him? Am I being too selfish? Maybe Taehyung's right. 

Suddenly, my anger faded away. I took a deep breath calming down. 

Jin is probably thinking that I'm too clingy or something. I can't let that continue. Taehyung had a point. I guess I was too blinded from my logical thinking due to my stupid heart making me make dumb decisions. Maybe I shouldn't talk to him for a while………

It's probably for the better.

A/N: Sorry if these last few chapters are poorly written, I tried my best. Hope you like it anyway! 😃🙃😔