Episode 9

Simon: sorry...
Wilhelm: sorry for what? You can't exactly control that you're sick
Wilhelm: I'll make sure I actually pay attention today so you can copy my notes
Simon: haha thanks, Sara's notes are always so hard to understand. She only writes down like half of everything
Simon: I'm gonna get some rest, the medicine is making it hard to stay awake
Wilhelm: yeah, rest up, hope you feel better soon

Wilhelm closed his phone, sliding it back into his pocket as he turned into the room of his first class. He took his usual seat in the back of the class, a place he grew to feel more comfortable in having learned that it was easier to avoid the stares than it was to get them to stop. Though, he had to admit things seemed to be slowly returning to normal, if that's what it could be called. Before, people made it seem as if it were a punishment to to have to sit next to him during class, or even during meals. Even if people seemed hesitant in some cases, it was better than being ignored completely.

He had been flipping through his notebook, looking at his old notes as he waited for the lesson to start he hadn't noticed that someone had sat down beside him. That was until their knee slammed into the table as they tried scooting their chair forward. Wille jumped, quickly slapping his hands over his belongings so they didn't fall, slowly turning his head to see Walter holding his leg. His eyes squeezed shut, letting out a groan in stark contrast to Henry at the next table over struggling to hold in his laughter. "Hey man, how's... it going?" Walter eventually let out, his voice coming out a bit strained as he sucked air in through his teeth.

Wilhelm looked between the two, letting out a small chuckle of his own, sitting up straighter no longer feeling the need to secure his belonging to the table. Pushing his hair out of his face, he gave Walter a small nod, "It's alright, I'd ask you the same but I think I have my answer." The group let out a collective chuckle, Walter finally recovered, now moving his chair a bit more cautiously under the table. "But seriously, how have you guys been? It's... uh it's been a while," Wille said, leaning against the table so he could look at the both of them. Henry let out a small sigh, a sense of guilt coming over him, "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that..."

"Me too!" Walter cut in. Henry had opened his mouth to continue, but was quickly cut off by the sound of their classmates scrambling to their feet as their teacher walked in.

"Please be seated," she said as she laid out her materials on the desk at the front of the class. Wille took his seat once more, waiting for the teacher's voice to fill the silent room before he leaned over the table to look at Henry. He must've felt eyes on him because soon after he turned his head to look back at the prince.

"Look... we know it looks bad, but we weren't trying to ignore you," he began to explain, keeping his voice low, his eyes shifting to the front of the room in fear of being called out for talking during the lesson. "It was more like we were scared of you," Walter butted in with a mumble, glancing towards Wille. Who in turn just gave them both a confused look, especially after seeing the red head agree. "Scared? Why were you scared of me?" He questioned, his own gaze shooting to the front of the room.

"Do you not remember what happened during lunch?" This only made him more confused, he hadn't spoken to anyone at lunch besides Simon since they got back. The two boys looked at each before turning their attention back to Wille, "August," Henry said simply, hoping to kickstart his memory of what happened the first day back. The prince's eyebrows knitted together, that was why they were scared? Because he shouted at August during lunch? "Dude, you were seriously scary, we had never seen you so pissed," Walter whispered rubbing the back of his neck.

Wilhelm wasn't quite sure how to take this information. He was relieved that hadn't been ignoring him because of everything that happened before break, but now he was concerned about people being scared of him. "So you weren't like... avoiding me because of..." he pursed his lips together, hoping he wouldn't have to finish is sentence. He knew it sounded bad, but he had to be sure.