A Star Above the Rest

Okay, the last one was super angsty, so this fluff shall make up for it! I hope. Again, art and video do not belong to me. This one was requested by Storiiy
—————————————————————————
"Come on, you gonna call him or what? You practiced on me for nearly five hours."

Loona groaned at her adoptive father, annoyed by how long he was taking. Blitzø had been staring at his cellphone for nearly an hour. During practice, he was so confident, but he lost all that confidence once he actually thought of calling the avian.

"I-I'm just...trying to put him in suspense," he cooly responded, earning yet another groan, followed by a roll of her eyes.

"Yeeeeeaaaaah, suspense for something he doesn't even know is coming," she sassed.

Blitzø gave her an annoyed look.  He didn't expect anything more from her most of the time.  At least Loona had her moments of caring or helping, but these past five hours must've drained her generosity for the entire month.

Stolas laid on his bed, tossing and turning slightly.  Lately, Stella hadn't been in their bed at all, and not having another body beside the prince was driving him insane.  He missed the warmth, the occasional cuddles, the preening (or kissing in Blitzø's case), and the small moments of love.  At the rate things were going between him and his precious imp, Stolas would even take Stella's yelling.  But everything was quiet.  Octavia was out with friends every night, and Stella slept in her private chambers.

Reluctantly, the avian slowly sat up and pulled on his robe.  He was too tired.  Too tired of everything and hated being alone.

Brrrrrrrrrring

Stolas slowly looked over at the nightstand, where the rotary telephone began ringing.  The magical smoke cloud appeared with the words "Blitzy is calling" flashing brightly.  The owl nearly choked on his own tongue before quickly diving for his phone and picking it up.

"H-hello!  Hello, Blitzø!  How are you?"

Blitzø weakly smiled, missing the nickname.  But hearing the prince's voice made up for it.

"Stolas, I wanna...I'm takin' ya somewhere tonight, so be ready in twenty, aight?"  The somewhat forceful tone of voice made the owl's feathers poof out, his cheeks heating up a touch.

"O-of course, I'll be ready soon!" he promised.  After the two hung up, he quickly dashed to his closet.  He didn't say where they were going, only to be ready in twenty minutes.  That made his choice difficult.

Blitzø quickly tugged on his coat, a pair of gloves, and changed his holy jeans for sweatpants.  He then grabbed the small picnic basket and a large fluffy blanket for them to share.

"I hope this works...wait, shit! I didn't tell him where we're going! Satan's balls, I messed up bad!" he exclaimed and dashed out the door, leaving Loona behind laughing her ass off.

When he parked in front of the mansion, Stolas walked out of the door.  His outfit consisted of a black and red striped scarf, his nice crimson jacket, and a pair of midnight sweats with white stars littered all over each article. Well, at least he had on somewhat warm clothing.

"Grab a coat, Stolas. You'll need it," Blitzø informed.

Stolas shrugged slightly, grabbing a nice red trench coat from beside the door, before closing it fully. He walked over happily and pulled on the coat.

"Blitzø, where are we going? The call was so sudden and unexpected, not that I mind it," the avian happily hooted, his cheeks a tad pink.

"No questions, close your eyes~"

His cheeks turned a darker shade of pink as he closed his eyes.  The way Blitzø spoke in that sexy tone already had his heart thundering in his chest.  A blindfold was then tied around his top eyes.

The sound of the portal opening caught his attention, and the cold breeze caressed his feathers.  The feel of Blitzø grabbing his hand startled him for a moment, his feet quickly moving when he realized the imp was leading him through.

"Alright, sit tight right here," the assassin hummed as he pulled his hand away.  The frigid snow crunched under boots, before something muffled the sounds.

"Now you can open them."

Stolas slowly opened his eyes, softly gasping in awe.  A blanket was set out over the snow, small figurines of them made of wax were lit with candle wicks, and Blitzø stood in the middle of it all with a guitar in hand.

"Blitzø—"

"Blitzy," the imp cut him off, making the avian look at him curiously.  "When we're alone...fuck, I've missed hearing you call me Blitzy, okay?" he mumbled, blushing a touch.  Stolas smiled, tears in his eyes.

"Blitzy.  This is so beautiful," the prince whispered.  His eyes widened further when seeing the aurora borealis behind his beloved, outlining him perfectly in the bright colors.  Blitzø strummed a few cords on the guitar, smiling confidently at his prince.

"How don't we rewrite the stars~?  Say you were made to be mine~" he sang gently, "nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find~"

Stolas let out a few quiet sobs, his body shaking as his tears flowed down his cheeks.  His heart swelled in his chest.  All the love in this single scene immediately filled the void he'd had in his heart.

After he placed the guitar on the blanket, Blitzø gently pulled Stolas close to him, holding him bridal style, before pressing a passionate kiss to his beak.  Stolas cupped his cheek, smiling as he returned the kiss.