Look My Way

Again, the art and video do not belong to me.  They belong to their respectful owners. Quick edit, there is thoughts of suicide, so you have been warned.  A request from CATnaps73
—————————————————————————
It was hard seeing Blitzø so hurt.  After Fizzarolli had called him out at Ozzie's, he had hardly said a word or even looked at Stolas.  Even when he had tried to console him.

"We could talk, or watch a movie?  Maybe...Cuddle," the avian gently suggested.  His words were meant as a comfort and a proposal for helping his beloved imp, but the assassin took it differently.

"Stolas, don't act like what we have is anything but you wanting me to fuck you.  You make that perfectly clear all the time, but I just—I can't do it tonight, alright?...I'm sorry."

Stolas heard the quiet breaks in his voice easily.  His past still hurt him, that was obvious.  And he couldn't do a single thing to help him.

"Good night, Blitzø," he quietly responded, politely bowing to his beloved.  When Blitzø said "night" and drove away, he finally let his tears fall down his pale cheeks.

What could he do?  Why did Blitzø deem it necessary to push others away?  To insult and berate those close to him?

Perhaps...only time could tell.

~~~

The full moon came and left with nothing happening between the two.  Blitzø only dropped off the book with a small apology note in the day.  The next morning, he refused to come to the office, so Stolas left his grimoire with Loona.

Perhaps he had misread the signs.  Possibly had his hopes far too high this time.  Tried to form something that was never there to begin with.

"I was a fool.  An imp like him?  Fall for a broken avian like me?  There was no way," he whispered.  He was alone once again and on a cliff, gazing at the setting sun.

Blitzø had thought it wise to speak with the Goetia prince again, after not seeing him for nearly a month. His first few knocks went unanswered. Strange, normally Stolas came running if he knew Blitzø had arrived. This time, he tried the bell, being met with the sight of his daughter a few moments later. Her eyes were a bit puffy and she was holding a note close to her chest.

"Octavia? Why didn't Stolas answer? What's going on?" he questioned, his worry immediately showing for the prince and his daughter. Octavia shakily handed him the note, softly hiccuping.

'Dearest Octavia,
I fear this will be the last thing you have of me. I cannot continue in this world, knowing I have hurt both you, your mother, and my beloved Blitzø. The damage I have caused is irreparable, I know that. So I hope this will atone for all I have done to you all. I love and cherish you and Blitzø, and will also miss your mother. Do not follow me, I have no desire for you to see something you shouldn't.
Love, your father
Stolas Goetia'

Blitzø's eyes went wider with each sentence he read. No, how could he think such a thing? He didn't hurt them at all!

"Don't worry, Octavia, I'll fix this. I promise!" he exclaimed as he rushed away. Stolas had one cliff he often visited for the view of the stars. They had gone there one full moon because a meteor shower was taking place that night. Once he arrived, he saw the prince standing, one clawed foot hanging over the edge.

"Stolas!"

The Goetia prince quickly looked back, his eyes full of tears and his pupils visible. His beloved had come to him here? Now? But why?

"Blitzø...please, do not try to stop me. I don't deserve yours and Octavia's love," he whispered. He turned back to the cliff, only for the imp to grip his hand and pull him away. Without warning, Blitzø scooped Stolas into his arms and held him close.

"Don't you fucking dare leave us! We love you and I refuse to let you take such a cowardly way out of this! We're in this together!" He shakily knelt down, keeping the owl demon close to his chest. "N-not...not again, I'm not losing s-someone again."

Stolas weakly cuddled into his chest, his arms wrapping around his neck. He hadn't realized his decision would've hurt them so much.

"I'm so sorry, Blitzø, for everything."

"Yeah...I'm sorry, too."