Hidden Talents

This is one I just thought of and wrote this morning.  It didn't take long, since I had the motivation and music to help it along.  No one requested this one, it was just a one shot I wanted to create and share.  Hope everyone enjoys it!
————————————————————————
"His highness is busy right now with last minute paperwork and requests you wait in his chambers. He shall be along momentarily."

Blitzø thanked the kind servant (the only one that really treated him nicely) and sat down on the bed. Of course some type of hinderance would happen tonight. It was somehow always on the full moon when Lucifer wanted papers handed in by the royalty. It irritated the assassin to no end. Oh well, no time to really be bothered by it when Stolas would finish soon. Something about the room seemed off, though.

The bed was centered on the back wall, normal. Night stands on each side. The bathroom door was shut like it usually was. What caught his attention was the bookshelf on the right side of the room, directly opposite of the bathroom. It had a gothic-style vanity beside it that was a crimson color. He hadn't remembered seeing the bookshelf before.

"Strange...what is this?" he mumbled quietly. Blitzø wandered over and took out a book that was sticking out. The title was covered on the front, and it was lighter than a feather. When he shook the book, a few little thunks sounded inside it. He gently opened the cover, revealing a key inside of the fake pages. The key was a beautiful golden and rather small for any of the locks he had seen around. However, there was a small keyhole revealed where he had grabbed the book from.

After taking the key out of it's hiding place, the former clown pushed it into the small hole, turning it until he heard a click. The bookshelf shook slightly, before slowly opening inward to reveal a beautiful light purple room filled with instruments of all kinds. Woodwinds were on on the right, strings on the left, and a gorgeous grand piano was directly in the center of the room. It was painted a navy blue with purple accents and several white sparkles represented stars in the night sky.

Blitzø hesitantly walked over to the piano, gently pressing the A key closest to middle C on the right hand, it sounding absolutely stunning. It was perfectly tuned! Of course, he shouldn't expect anything less from his beloved Goetia prince.

The leather of the small bench squeaked gently under the weight of the assassin. It was a perfect height for him, but he needed to pull himself forward. He didn't have freakishly long legs like certain demons.

"Let's see here...C, D, E, F, G, A, B, and back to C," he whispered, playing each note when he said it. Good, he still knew which one was which.

The imp cracked his fingers, placed them on the keys, and started out with a simple song he remembered from when his mother taught him long ago. It was a lullaby, one she had often used to put him and Barbie Wire to sleep.  The memories flowed as he continued to play, the song bringing tears to his eyes.  His emotions were portrayed beautifully in the notes—his pain and love all mixing into the beautiful melody.

"Easy to remember, harder to move on~" Stolas gently sang behind him, making the assassin jump and stop playing.  He quickly turned to the avian, his cheeks turning crimson.

"Holy shit!  When did you finish up!?" he squeaked out, his throat somewhat closed up after having been crying.

"Not too long ago.  I saw the bookshelf open and heard such wondrous melodies coming from my private music room.  I didn't know you could play," hummed the owl demon.  He gently reached a hand out, cupping his cheek lovingly.  "You have a beautiful gift."

Blitzø hesitantly leaned into his gentle touch, closing his somewhat watery eyes.  It wasn't something he had kept hidden on purpose, music just never came up in their conversations.

"I learned when I was young."

"I would love to hear this more often.  You can come play as often as you wish, darling," he softly hooted.  Stolas sat beside Blitzø on the bench, happily listening to his precious imp play his sweet serenades.