Chapter Nineteen

"To save a life. You saved many."
                                                                                                      - Leigh Bardugo

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Depictions of violence ahead!! 

Taehyung woke up the next morning lying face down on the mattress with just a thin sheet covering his lower back. He loved the loose feeling of his back and shoulder muscles, the repercussions of sex from the night before still lingering and leaving a pleasant sluggishness behind that could only be achieved by complete pleasurable satisfaction. He felt loose and content, and as memory of the past night poured back into his mind, Tae's lips widened into a smug smile.

He slowly turned his head, watching Jungkook's sleep slack face for a moment. He loved how Jungkook slept most nights on his back, spread eagle like and with his mouth slightly open, his lips puffy and pouty, ready to be kissed.

Taehyung pushed himself up on his elbow, his free hand caressing the muscled chest, stroking softly over nipples and then wandering lower towards the six-pack and the part that was currently covered by the sheet.

Jungkook hummed but still kept his eyes closed as he felt Taehyung palming his cock through the thin sheet. He covered Tae's hand with his own, licking his lips sexily.

"Was last night not enough?" he inquired, his voice rough and still sleepy.

Taehyung smiled, then bent forward so that he could lick over Jungkook's lower lip.

"And what if it wasn't?"

"Then I think you are insatiable," Jungkook manhandled Taehyung into his arms, his fingers grabbing a fistful of hair at his nape and brought Tae's lips down to his mouth where they kissed lazily, sloppily with lots of tongue.

Jungkook loved Taehyung's playful mood. He had to admit that he had not a lot of experience with that outside of his and Tae's relationship. Before – even with Ian – sex and the initiation thereof had always been handled like a hook-up. Want and immediate need were satiated and that was it. Taehyung was different. They were different. Sex was different.

"What are you thinking?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook blinked.

"That this is different ..." he replied and cleared his throat. He watched Taehyung watching him.

Coming from a culture where brown eyes were the norm and basically everyone had brown eyes, looking into Tae's eyes shouldn't have drawn a reaction from him. But Taehyung's eyes – even though not so dissimilar to his own – were different. Those chocolate orbs were indeed the windows to Tae's soul. They showed compassion, warmth and love for life. Love for him.

Jungkook smiled and raised his head, his neck muscles straining to kiss Taehyung.

"I am happy," he said, his voice full of emotion. "With you."

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook and bit his lip. He never understood how Jungkook could so easily render him speechless, but now he knew why. Because even though their initial relationship had been based on lies and deception, they both had been very honest with their feelings. Even when Jungkook had pushed him away. It had always been out of love and a sense of protection.

"I am very happy, too," Taehyung said and placed soft kisses on Jungkook's forehead, his nose, his chin and finally on his mouth. "You make me happy."

They both smiled dopily at each other.

~_*_~

It seemed that spring had hit Seoul earlier that year than usual. For a few days now the air around the city was almost balmy and everyone was happy to shed the heavy outer wear and everyone was breathing more freely.