Epilogue 🔥

"Love should never mean having to live in fear."
- DaShanna Stokes 

As expected Samchon took over the Raven Sun syndicate and while there were a few skirmishes between them and rogue mafia types, it all was settled when Makarev and his crew stepped in. What no one had on their agenda was of Makarev and Samchon making a deal and keeping the peace in the greater metropolitan Seoul area.

The police was stumped, led by Inspector Oh Kang-Dae and his Assistant Inspector Choi. After the increase of dead bodies turning up during Jeon Kwan's reign of terror, the number of gang-related homicides went back to under 1% per annum. Back when the police had arrived at the wrecked mansion and the body count, media's speculation went haywire. From the government to rival gangs to North Korean refractors, every one would be speculated upon and Oh had a hard time investigating the case. Eventually, after a lot of dead ends, the case was closed as a home invasion gone wrong. Yeah - right.

Inspector Oh also had to take a loss on a different case as well. After establishing that the body from the Han River had been indeed Seung-Gi, the kidnapper who mistook Kim Taehyung as Kim Taeyeon, the case was folded and dropped.

However, both cases of human organ trafficking and fraud were not dropped and Doctor Kim Taeyeon and Professor Oh Yong-Shik were convicted and sentenced to long incarceration in prison and stripped of any academic accolades. They would never work in any facility in the medical field after their sentences.

And as for the Black Moon corporation? The company that functioned as an umbrella for several business branches, thrived and grew. So much so that the triumvirate actually turned into a seven members' board of directors.

~_*_~

It had been five years since the events at Jeon's mansion. Five years where the friends even grew tighter together with both each other and their partners. Changes had been made, especially in the living arrangements. The living quarters now took up an entire floor in their Gangnam sky-rise and their communal space had increased, especially as Jang-Mi and little Taegguk had been taken in by their older brother. Slowly but surely, children, toys and pets had entered their lives and while some had a harder time than others to get used to these changes, all were more than happy to embrace the changes.

"Today marks the anniversary of the founding of one of Korea's biggest global player companies. The Black Moon Corporation, a conglomerate umbrella company that offers services from human resources to medical research to producing, this quickly growing company has reached new heights. Since its inception six years ago it has reached the number 7 spot of the 10 most valuable companies in the world, only the second Asian company among the global list."

Hoseok stood in front of the big monitor screen and watched the news report, after popping another bit of breakfast waffles into his mouth, he reached for the remote but Jimin stopped him.

"Leave it on, hyung," Jimin said and pinched one of the berries from Hoseok's plate.

"You can catch it throughout the day, Jimin-ie," Hoseok replied and swatted the younger's thieving hands away. "They are running this report all day long."

"Really?" Jimin inquired, his eyes glued to the screen and smiling when he saw his partner and lover on the screen and listening to the narration of the report.

"The company made headlines over two years ago when the Black Moon Corporation was declared a queer safe place, a novelty in the Republic of Korea and it is rumoured that several of the board directors and founders are in long-term same sex partnerships."

Watching pictures of Yoongi and Jimin at various charity events, Hoseok munched on his waffle and nudged Jimin's shoulder.

"I loved that rainbow hair," he said and Jimin smiled. He had dyed his hair in subtle rainbow colours especially for the event and the media had been crazy about this ever since.