Chapter Six.

Three days. Three days she's knowingly been locked in the house he told her to remember.

Three days. Three days of not eating, afraid his done something to the food his served her.

Three days. Three days of cupping her hands under the shower taps to savour the water when she showered, afraid of him giving her cups of water fearing her life.

Three days. Three days of finding clothes for her to wear that day sitting on the bathroom sink bench.

Lili-Rose had no freedom.

The windows were barely opened, fly screens with small crisscross bars. When she could, Lili-Rose savoured the breeze through the windows.

Three days. Three days of Lili-Rose being kept safe while the British Gentleman kept her boundaries.

Three days. Three days of Lili-Rose not understanding why the British Gentleman was doing this. He said he wanted to understand why she left him at the altar, he said he wanted to understand why she ripped his heart from his chest, he said he wanted to understand why she ruined their happily ever after.

Three days. Three days without Lili-Rose speaking to the British Gentleman, three days of his tone begging her to speak to him, three days of him touching her hands, three days of him touching her hair, three days of him just wanting to hear her voice up close and personal.