Chapter Twenty.

It had been four days since Geff's passing, Lili-Rose found solace alone. His death replayed in her mind; The British Gentleman's words replayed in her mind each time she closed her eyes to sleep.

She was scared to see Danny, she was scared to run back to her family, she felt like Danny would blame her for his father's death, she felt like everyone she knew would blame her for Geff's death.

Geff's death was headlines for four days since his death, asking for any information on what the public may have seen.

Lili-Rose wiped her mouth as she leant against the bathroom wall. She had managed to find safety in her unit.

After she was discharged from the hospital, Lili-Rose ran to the one place she knew she could stay, one place that even if the British Gentleman knew about, he would hopefully leave her alone for the time being to at least allow her to be alone with her thoughts.

She didn't have much in her two bedroom unit, she had a mattress in each room and enough to keep the bare necessities just for herself. Her windows were covered by block out curtains, her fridge and cupboards were barely stocked with food; only long lasting dry items were stored in her cupboard and her fridge only had now rotten fruit inside it.

Lili-Rose leaned forward to the toilet as she threw up again.

She wiped her mouth again as she leant back against the wall. She breathed deeply as she tried to force herself to stop throwing up.

Lili-Rose slowly rose to her feet, she flushed the toilet before turning on the taps of the bathroom sink. She cupped her hands under the cold running water before rinsing out her mouth. She looked in the small bathroom mirror as she turned off the taps, she stared at her reflection.

It's your fault his dead.

Lili-Rose took a sharp breath as she forced herself out of the bathroom. She stopped in the hallway.

It's your fault his dead.

"Stop." Lili-Rose breathed to herself as she tried to stop her thoughts from filling up negatively.

She crept down the hallway, feeling like she was being watched even though her unit was all locked up from the inside.

Lili-Rose froze when she heard a knock on the front door. She didn't think anyone knew where she lived, no one expect the British Gentleman.

"Lili-Rose, it's Officer Jen." A female officer called out.

Lili-Rose was in fear to move.

"I found this address in Geff's personal belongings." Officer Jen called out.

Lili-Rose watched the front door as her heart raced.

"I found a note in his stuff that was meant for you, I'll slide it under the door." Officer Jen called out.

Lili-Rose managed to overcome her fear as she crept to the front door "Jen?"

"Yeah?"

"I didn't do anything. I didn't save him. I didn't scream. I didn't...save him." Lili-Rose struggled with her emotions.

"It's not your fault, Lili-Rose. Geff knows it wasn't your fault, he knows that whatever you did it was in order to keep safe." Officer Jen stated through the closed front door.

Lili-Rose looked down under the gap as a note slipped through.

"If your up to it, his funeral is happening on Saturday at 10am. Burville Cemetery. This one is just for family and friends than we'll have one for us on Sunday." Officer Jen stated.

Lili-Rose picked up the note.

"I'll give you my card, if you just want someone to talk to."

Lili-Rose watched as Officer Jen's police contact card slipped under the gap of the front door.