Chapter Twenty- Seven.

It had taken four years.

Four long years.

Four years of Lili-Rose working through her pain that David had put her through.

Four years of Lili-Rose trying to reconnect with her family.

Four years of Lili-Rose realising that David had died that day.

Four years of Lili-Rose keeping her daughter; Betty, close by fearing the worst for her daughter.

Four years of Lili-Rose struggling to let herself to fall in love.

Four years of Lili-Rose struggling to stay safe in her own unit.

She had moved out of the place she had once deemed her safe haven and into Danny's house as he helped her get her life back. He treated baby Betty as if she was his own even if he didn't have any kids. With the help of her parents, Matthew and Betty, Lili-Rose learnt to trust in those around her.

Lili-Rose had told them everything, everything they didn't know about her life and why she ran.

Lili-Rose had found love, love with a man who she didn't have to fear. A man that she knew she wouldn't have to run from, a man who knew how to treat her, Danny.

Danny never pushed Lili-Rose into anything, during the four years he had let her take her own steps of freedom as he stood by her side. Danny kept his distance while keeping Lili-Rose within reach as she watched her daughter grow.

Lili-Rose knew not to fear anything when she said yes to Danny's proposal, she felt safe with him by her side.

When she discovered she was pregnant for the second time, Lili-Rose knew she didn't have to run. She allowed herself to enjoy the pregnancy unlike the one she had with her daughter.

Danny lifted a now three year old Betty onto the hospital bed, letting the young girl see her baby brother in Lili-Rose's arms.

"His small." Betty wasn't certain about the baby.

Lili-Rose smiled at her daughter "You were once that small" She found joy in her words as Danny kissed Lili-Rose's cheek as he carefully sat down next to his wife.