Chapter Ten.

Lili-Rose wasn't sure how long she had been in the bathroom for, but she knew everything outside the bathroom was silent; she couldn't hear any sounds from him or outside the house.

She moved the towel away from the door, she tried to look under the doorway, she could see his shoes.

Maybe The British Gentleman was tricking her? Left his shoes while he moved away? She did hear a crunchy item move a lot while she had locked herself in the bathroom.

She carefully raised her arm up to the door handle; she slowly unlocked the door.

Lili-Rose paused for a moment as she tried to catch any movement.

No movement, no sound.

She rose to her feet before opening the bathroom door. Lili-Rose looked down at The British Gentleman sitting on the hallway floor with a bag of no longer frozen vegetables sitting next to him.

Now Lili-Rose wanted to say something, she wanted to say sorry for putting him in pain, she wanted to say sorry for not play by his rules. She was sorry.

She opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself. Why should I say sorry? He was the one causing her pain, she was the victim in this situation not him. He was the abuser not her.

The British Gentleman slowly rose to his feet, he wrapped his arms around Lili-Rose. She didn't resist his attempts at comforting her as she kept her arms by her side.

"You need to say, I love you." The British Gentleman whispered in her ear as his voice started to break "You need to stay."

They stood in silence as Lili-Rose closed her eyes as her body filled with fear.