Chapter Twenty-Three.

Lili-Rose pulled into the park carpark; it didn't take her long to stop into an empty parking spot. She turned off her engine as she breathed.

She just needed a moment. A moment where she could feel like she could just breath. A moment where she was in public, and no one would care what she did especially in the comfort of her own car.

The sounds around gave her a chance not to feel alone, she listened to children's playful squeals, she listened to car boots closing, she listened to polite screams of attention in large gatherings.

Lili-Rose looked out the windscreen. She couldn't remember the last time she had been at the park; she couldn't remember the last time she felt free and playful at the park.

She exhaled deeply as she tried to keep her emotions calm.

Lili-Rose carefully pushed her car door open, trying not to hit the car next to her as she leant out and threw up.

She felt the wind hit her body as the breeze gently pushed along the cars.

Lili-Rose held onto the handle of the car door as she threw up on the concrete again.

She leant back in the driver's seat as she left the car door open, she lifted up the bottom of her shirt and wiped her mouth.

Lili-Rose felt the gentle breeze move through her car as she breathed.

Her body felt like it was begging her to stop, her body felt like it was begging for some long over rest, her body was begging to eat, her body was begging for hydration.

Lili-Rose had forced herself to forgo the necessities to keep herself safe, her body was starting to give up on her.

She tilted her gaze down to the envelope on the passenger seat. She noticed the handwriting, it was his.

She titled her gaze down to the envelopes on the passenger floor, she recognised the handwriting on most of the envelopes, it was his.

Lili-Rose knew she could no longer be safe in the one place she had always sought refuge.

She gently chewed on her lower lip as she shifted her gaze between the envelope on the passenger seat and the envelopes on the floor, Lili-Rose didn't know his plan.

Maybe it was his way of saying he was always watching that he knew where she'd be at all times, maybe it was his was of claiming control, maybe it was his way of playing mind games with her.

Lili-Rose already knew that he had found her once before, she already knew that he had already seen her at her most free as well as her most trapped.

She closed her eyes for a moment as she let the sounds around her swirl through the air.

Lili-Rose ran her hands over her face as she slowly opened her eyes, she reached for the driver's door and closed it. She started the ignition.

Panic washed over her as a man stopped next to the passenger side of the car "Sorry. Don't move, my son's ball rolled under your car."

She turned off her car engine as she watched a little boy disappear under the front of her car.

"Got it" Called out a young boy as he popped back up into view with his basketball in his hands.

"Sorry, about that."

Lili-Rose brushed it off "It's fine, lucky I didn't move."

The man and his son walked back to the makeshift basketball hoop as the boy bounced the ball as they walked.

Lili-Rose pulled the envelopes from the passenger floor and the passenger seat, she chucked them out the driver's side window, not caring that they had fallen into her vomit.

She started the car engine before silently driving out of the carpark.