Chapter Sixteen.

Lili-Rose felt refreshed as she step out into the hallway, she felt safe as she wondered down the hallway.

"Danny?" She beamed as she noticed a man; the same age as her, walk into the kitchen as he carried two empty trays.

Danny placed the trays on the kitchen bench "Lili-Rose?" He beamed, The two of them hadn't seen each other since the night before her wedding.

He wrapped his arms tightly around her; she wrapped her arms tightly around her.

"Whatcha doing here, kid?" He smirked as Lili-Rose pulled out of his arms.

"Who you calling, kid? I'm three months older than you."

"Pfft. Three months" Danny joked "Wow, look at you." He admired his long lost best friend "Dad told me you were back."

Lili-Rose cringed at his sentence.

"Not for long than?"

She shrugged slightly as she leaned against the kitchen bench "I was only round the corner and thought I'd pop in." She joked.

"Where's Lili?" Betty called out from the backyard.

Lili-Rose and Danny shared a silent look as they walked out to the backyard.

Matthew was at the table with his seventh birthday cake and surrounded by the small gathering of loved ones.

"Come over here, sweet." Matthew called out to his daughter.

Lili-Rose didn't hesitate as she joined her parents, she draped her arms over her dad's shoulders. She rested her chin on his shoulder as everyone began to sing happy birthday to Matthew.