Chapter 20

The sun begins to rise and other people start their normal routine. You on the other hand are waiting at the reception place, half asleep.

*yawn~* you wanted to lay down but were not even sure the man who promised to take you to Liyue harbor will arrive.

Sigh* you put your head on the table, tired from thinking.

"My beloved..."

The same word keeps popping in your head, also the reason why you couldn't sleep...

'Ahhhh...I can't think straight'

a dish put down in front of you, "y/n, are you alright?" it's chef smiley, and he put another dish in.

"Oh, hi...chef. I'm just...getting ready, that's all" you sit back up and pick up the chopstick.

"So you are going to Liyue harbor today!" he smacks your back. "Good luck there!" he laughs

You can feel the sting on your back, "haha...thank you I will, and so is the meal" and you put a piece of meat in your mouth.

"No worry! Boss asked me after all!" he laughs again.

"Boss? You mean Verr?" putting another piece of meat in.

"Yes! She was so worried about you and asked for a nutrient dish!" he crosses his arm and Shakes his head at the same time, all you could do is laugh nervously.

"haha..."

"Anyway, I'll continue my work now. Enjoy your meal y/n! And good luck on your recovery too" he walks away while waving his hand.

"Thank youuuu!!"

You continue eating your meal alone. you look around yourself to see no one except yourself.

'Well...this is lonely...' chewing your food. You pause for a bit and look up at the highest balcony 'Maybe...he will come...'

.....

After finishing your dish, you continue waiting for that unknown man to come, and maybe you could see someone's face.

"..."

A little later, footsteps stomp the place running to your table, who happen to mix some weird substances.

"Miss y/n! Miss y/n!!" the unknown man ran towards you.

"Oh! You're here!" you smile

"Miss y/n! I'm so sorry, I have no excuse for being late" he bows down.

"It's alright, you're here now!" you smile again and put all your stuff back in your backpack/bag.

"Miss y/n..."

"Don't worry~ we're all good!" you reassure him.

"I-I will do my best to take you to Liyue as safely as I can!" He put his hand on his chest.

"Haha, I'm counting on you...so will you help me get up too while you're at it?

"Huh? Oh! Yes, definitely!" he helps you up, "let's go, miss"

You smile and nod back, "Mhm..."

On your way out, you meet up with Verr and her husband. Verr's husband also helped you get to the carriage that was parked near the inn.

"I'll see you later Verr..." you tightly hug her.

"Yes...I will see you later too, y/n" she hugged you back.

"Now now, y/n you should go before the sun comes up more than this. Verr we are not saying goodbye forever." he pats her head. "Yeah...I know...but! Look at her condition!"