Chapter 55

Archers POV:

I kicked down the door letting it fall to the ground with a loud bang. In front of my was my little sister with a knife to her throat.

I was overjoyed to see her alive but one wrong move and she won't be for much longer. "Archer! Old friend. I see you've found me" Roman said with a sick smile on his face.

"Give me back my sister and I'll let you walk out of this room alive" I said deadly calm even though I was definitely anything but.

"Or how about you get me out of here and give me your private jet that I know you took and then I'll give you back your sister" he laughed.

This guy is seriously crazy. "You and I both know that's not going to happen" I dead panned.

"Is it not? Because last time I checked I'm holding your sisters life in my hands" he laughed.

He was right, I had to find a way to get her away from him. There was no telling what this dude might do.

Makayla's POV:

I felt the cold metal from the knife pressed into my neck. As I looked into my brothers eyes I thought of how kind and gentle they where with me. maybe they are monsters but I would rather be with them then the person holding the knife to my neck.

I took a deep breath deciding to help myself for once. Before I let myself second guess what I was about to do I closed my eyes and did it. Mustering up all of the strength that I had left, I jammed my elbow into Romans stomach as hard as I could.

shocked he doubled over in pain, but not before slicing my neck open with the knife. like I had hoped, this gave Archer the opening that he needed. I heard the shoot go off just as my body hit the floor. I herd the thud of his dead body soon after.

"MAKAYLA!" I herd my brother cry out. I herd his knees hit the ground before he slowly started to turn me over. "Makayla why would you do that" he asked, panic lacing his words. He started to reach down causing me to flinch. I saw the hurt pass through his eyes.

"Makayla i..." he tried to say, but he was interrupted by my coughing fit. I could taste the blood as it started to spill from the corner of my mouth.

Archer removed a cloth from his pocket and pressed it to my neck. A weak whimper was released from my mouth. "I know it hurts. Just hang on a little longer ok sorella" He whispered to me.

Carefully he picked me up and held me firm against his chest. He made sure to hold my head tightly so it didn't move as he ran. everything was a blur until I was overwhelmed with blinding light and fresh air. I didn't realize how much I missed the warmth that the sun provided.

We didn't stop running until we got to some black vans. The back doors swung open to revel what looked to be almost a mini hospital room. Standing there was Bryson. He was the only person I didn't watch Slater people.

"Bryson" I cried out in joy, though it kinda got muffled from all the blood in my mouth.

"What happened" Asked archer once he saw the state I was in.

"Roman had a knife to her throat. She elbowed him in the gut so I could get the shoot, but he cut her throat in the process" Archer explained as he laid me down on the metal table.

"How bad is it" he asked Bryson started examining my wounds and hooking up a bunch of wires to me.

"Not good Archer. We need to get home soon" He told him.

I herd many foot steps rush towards us and started to freak out thinking that Romans guards had found us. "It ok it just our brothers" Bryson said trying to calm me down. This however didn't calm me down. It just made me freak out more.

How am I supposed to look at my brothers the same way after I watched them kill people. "Makayla whats..." Bryson started but was cut off.

"Where is she" I herd Dylan growl.

"She's In the back of the van" Archer answered.

"Is she ok" This time it was Ethan asking.

"No. Dylan wait she not..." but it was too late he was already here.

As I looked at him no longer did I see my sweet loving brother. Instead I saw a monster who just killed countless people. It started getting harder to breath and I herd the beeping of the heart monitor pick up.

"Makayla, It me Dylan your big brother" he said stepping closer to me. It was too much for me.

It became even harder to breath. The corners of my vision started to get fuzzy and black dots started to appear. "Dylan she's not ready" Archer said grabbing him by the arm.

Dylan shook off Archers hand and started coming towards me again.

"Makayla, Please" He begged, tears in his eyes "Its me, it's Dylan".

My vision was now completely fuzzy and I was hyperventilating.

"Shit. She having a panic attack. Archer get him out" Bryson ordered. I could barely make out archer dragging Dylan out of the van trough my tears. "It's going to be ok" Bryson whispered before sticking me with a needle.

I felt my eyelids grow impossibly heavy. The last thing that I saw before blacking out was Dylan's devastated face.