Chapter 45

Makayla's POV:

It's been about a week since I got that last note. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I've come to the conclusion was that this was just a silly prank from one of my classmates.

I know that's probably stupid but it's better then the truth. Plus, as long as I think it's just a classmate then I can justify not telling my brothers.

I don't need them worrying about this. They already do so much for me. I just don't want to burden them anymore. Especially not with something as silly as a note.

On a brighter note today is the last day of tryouts. For the past two day coach has had me take a ton of notes on all of the players.

On Monday we did a lot of drills and other test. We learned where each persons talents lie. The on Tuesday we focused on endurance.

Now today we're gonna have three mock games. The first two are comprised of randomly selected teams. Then for the third the best players will go against each other.

Based on all of my notes and form observation, my brothers are the best out here. It's like they've been trained for something much worse.

Something even better then that though, Atlas is also doing great. He might not be doing as well as Luke and Liam, but he's still one of the best players out here.

The only problem that I've had so far is some of the guys can be a little...bold. They tent to say some gross stuff that I don't want to hear.

But as long as Atlas or one of my brothers are around they keep there mouths shut. Also coach told me if I have have any problems then I had power to make some of the boys condition.

I could make them run laps or even do some push-ups. He also made it clear to everyone on day one that if they disobeyed me then they would get kicked of the team, or wouldn't even make the team.

All in all, I'm really glad that I decided to do this. I've been having a lot of fun, I've made some new friends, and this is a great way to get my mind off the whole note thing.

Plus if I get to see a shirtless Atlas kicking around a ball then who am I to complain. I know that sounds so bad, but trust me it's a nice sight.

The last bell has already rung and most the kids have rushed out of the building wanting to get home. I on the other hand am standing in the supply closet with the coach trying to decide on what where going to need for the day.

"Ok so we know that where gonna run three mock games today, but while there not playing I want you to run a few more drills" Coach Curry told me grabbing the sack with all of the soccer balls and the sack with all the colored jerseys.

"What drills do you want me to run" I asked him. "Well, for starters o want you to run a simple speed dribbling drill. I want you to put them against each other, find out who the fastest is" he replied as he handed me the flattish cones. "Is that the only drill" I asked.

"No. I want them to run five laps around the outside of the field. Make sure you take notes of who finishes first and who keep the same speed The Whole time" he answered. "Ok coach" I smiled, giving him a thumbs up.

He laughed at my enthusiasm as we made our way out to the field. On the way we stoped by his office to grab both of our clip boards.

That's right, I got my very own clip board! He even let me take it home Monday night so that I could bedazzle it. I think it looks a lot better this way.

We put down the equipment and started setting up the drills that Coach wanted me to run. As he was going through how to do everything the players started coming out.