Chapter 2

Pain, pain was all that I could feel. Pain in my ankle. Pain in my head, pain everywhere. I just wanted it to stop.

I slowly pealed my eyes open and looked around. I soon realized that I was still on the floor surrounded by broken glass and a pool of my own blood.

I slowly pushed myself up to a sitting position. I needed to see what was hurt. I think that it would be easier to list off what didn't hurt if I'm being honest. My ankle still hurt, my sides where burning and my head felt like I just got hit with a sledge hammer.

I used the counter to help myself stand. I slowly walked up to the stairs using the railing to make it up. Once I was up the stairs I went straight through my bedroom and into my bathroom.

My mouth dropped when I saw my face in the mirror. There where glass shards sticking out of my face. There was one large piece in my left cheek. One very large one above my right eyebrow, and many more littered around my face.

I grabbed my hidden pair of tweezers and started to remove the smaller shards of glass in my face. After about twenty minutes all of the smaller pieces where removed and I was left with the two large ones.

I placed to tweezers down and decided to just use my hands. I started with the largest piece, the one above my eye. I slowly pulled it out of my face wincing the entire time. I repeated the process for the other shards.

When I finished I stripped off my clothes and jumped into the shower. I turned on the cold water and started to clean myself. Once I finished I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a towel.

I walked out of my bathroom room and over to my drawer of clothes. I decided to go with my black leggings and a grey hoodie with some kind of mountain on it. I limped back into the bathroom to cover up all of my cuts and bruises with some makeup.

I also covered up the bruises and cuts on my wrist just incase my sleeves rolled up. Once I finished doing my makeup and put my hair up into a messy bun before walking out of my bathroom. My alarm clock read 8:43 AM so I decided that now would be a good time to head out.

As I was limping down the stairs when I herd a knock on the front door. I had no clue who it could be. No one comes to the house and Sir doesn't need a key. Maybe he's testing me so that I'll slip up and he can punish me.

While I was lost in thought I herd them knock again. "Hello is there a Makayla DelCastillo here" I herd a soft female voice call out.

Using all of the courage that I could muster up I limped over to the door and opened it. In front of me was a tall male police officer and a kind looking older women. If we're being honest kinda have a fear of guys, especially tall dude who carry around guns and tasers.

The older woman was small and plump. She looked to be In let late fifties and had shoulder Length grey hair. Her cheeks where bight and Rosie. To be honest she looked as if she could be mrs. Clause.

The cop on the other hand looked completely different. He seemed to be about twenty sevenish. He was very tall probably 6'0, he has dark brown almost black hair in a crew cut. He had a frown on his face and seemed as if he didn't want to be here.

"Hello sweetie my name is Jennie Ray and this" she said motioning to the cop "is officer Barns". I looked down at the ground not wanting to break rule number one, don't speak unless given permission.

"May we come in sweetie" the kind lady asked. I opened the door wider so that that could come in. I really didn't want them to but what can I say to a police officer.

They walked into the house and looked around. "There is something that we need to tell you dear but your going to want to sit down for this. Where the living room" Jennie asked me.

I started walking to the living room doing my best not to limp. Jennie and I sat on the couch while officer Barns remained standing up.

"Well sweetie there's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to come right out and say it. Your step father going to a car reck last night and somehow the car exploded. We could not find a body but we believe he is dead" Jennie told me.

I was shocked, no I was more then just shocked. Dead, that's just not possible. There is no way that he's just gone. Also what's going to happen to me. I don't mean to sound selfish but am I supposed to go to an orphanage.

"I know that this is happening very fast and this is very difficult for you but lucky you have family that is willing to take you in" she told me.

Since when did I have any other family. My mom is dead my father practically disowned me and as far as I know all of my grandparents are dead. So who the heck is she talking about. Do I have so mystery aunt or uncle, and even then who would want me.

"I know you probably have many questions but we are on a tight schedule. We have to leave in about an hour so that we can make it to the airport in time for you flight, so go pack" I was told.

"Yes ma'am" I said quietly. "Do you need any help hun" she asked me. I simply shook my head no. I slowly got off of the couch and started up the stairs.

I made sure not to limp in front of them but once I was out of eyesight i felt the full effects of the beatings. Once I was up the stairs I went to Darrell's room to look for a suitcase.

I know it sounds dumb but it's not like I've ever moved before. Except for when my dad got ride of me and my mom. I looked for about fifteen minutes but I couldn't find anything. I know that there was an old brown one in his closet because I saw it when I had to clean. I guess he just sold it for some more drugs.

Giving up I headed back to my own room. I guess I'm just going to have to use my old black backpack. I mean it's not like I had that much anyways.

I decided to take my three tshirts one pair of jeans and bras and underwear. I already had own my only pair of leggings and my one hoodie. I threw in my two long sleeved tops, some toiletries and last but certainly not least a bottle of pain killers.

I threw the bag over my shoulder and limped back down the stairs. Once they saw me coming down the stairs they both stood up from the couch. "If your ready to go sweetie just grab your shoes and we can head out".

I nodded my head and went to get my shoes from in front of the door. I put on my ripped black converse and tied them. "Is that all your taking" officer barns asked. That was the first time that he spoke a d to be honest I wish that he didn't.

"Umm I...I don't have ve...very much" I managed to stuttered out. "Way to make the poor girl feel even worse" she scolded his after giving his arm a good slap. "I sorry about him dear" she apologized before continuing "Should we get going".

I nodded my head and opened the door. I was leaving this place but for all I know my next garden could be worse then Darrell. Maybe Darrell was as good as it got. It's not like I really deserve much. I'm ugly, fat, worthless and a waste of space so why should I have a happy life.

Those where the thoughts running through my head as we drove off to the airport. Who know what the next chapter of my life will look like let's just cross our fingers that it's not to bad.