Chapter 5, Blizzard.

He's always wondered, he's always thought, he's always wanted to try it, but today might be the day for him. Snow piled the entire kingdom. The murmurs of the snow hitting the rooftops softly, the snow covering most yards, and the faint breeze of that beautiful snowy air flew everywhere. Pretty weird to snow at night, it's unexpected to most cookies. Madeline Cookie was inside of his room marking some things on his calendar. It was Saturday, December 13. Aka, the day Madeline leaves the kingdom to secure the kingdom area. Basically every Saturday, he takes a cookie with him to keep lookout on some predators near the kingdom area, so that he can take them out of this world, or at least scare them off.

He wanted to ask Wizard Cookie, but he marked it as, Espresso's day. He's never really bonded with this cookie before, so he wants to try it. Madeline is always tired of being the enemy towards Espresso. By God, they knew each other since they were just children.

Madeline Cookie marked that day with his small red marker with a smile. His armor was right by his closet so they can be put away in good condition. After he was done, he felt a weird presence in his area. He smelt a faint coffee smell in his area. "Espresso?" He thought. But he just remembered he made some coffee downstairs. His face had a small set of blush. He brushed it off and quickly ran downstairs. Once he got there, he picked up the small mug and blew away some of the steam. Madeline Cookie turned to his window and saw Espresso outside. He was carrying a huge bag, but sometimes dragging it. It was very heavy. (Obviously) Madeline set his mug down on a small Choco table, and walked up to his room to get some snow boots on.

Meanwhile with Espresso, he was dragging a bag with millions of work supplies in it. He was struggling at his heavy it was, considering himself being pretty weak in that situation. He dropped the bag and caught his breath. But right as he caught his breath, he saw the one and only Madeleine show up. Espresso scoffed.

"May I help you, Madeleine." Espresso crossed his arms with a quiver. The snow was pouring a bit harder now. Madeleine Cookie looked at the bag, then looked at Espresso.

"Do you need any help my dear?"
"I can manage."

Espresso picked up the bag with a small grunt. Boy was this cookie weak. Madeleine Cookie chuckled before snatching the bag.
"Yes, you need help."
Madeleine Cookie looked at Espresso. Espresso rolled his eyes and softly laughed under his scarf.
"Alright, I admit, I did need some help there."
"Well, it's good your being honest!"

They both locked eyes for a second. The trance ended with Madeleine holding onto Espresso's hand.

"Shall I get you some coffee? The snow is pouring much harder than usual." Madeleine suggested. Espresso's face lit up a bit, but nodded. Madeleine smiled, as they both began walking to Madeleine's house.