Chapter 22| Sacred Tower.

Madeleine walked around with the detective and latte cookie, cold, upset, and under the weather. "This is the second time he's gone missing," he thought. The knight commander clenched his fist while walking. "Where should we look first?"
"If he's gone missing in the crooked forest one time, he's bound to be there once again." The knight said with a stern tone. The professor looked at the knight, then at the detective. "Do you think he's hurt again?"

"Don't say anything like that!" The knight yelled, stopping in his tracks and looking at the professor. The two cookies stopped walking as they faced Madeleine. The knight groaned. "Apologies, I'm just very upset at the moment."
"It's alright, things happen...this just seems like deja vu to me," the detective sipped on his coffee as he spoke. The professor smiled. "Yeah, but it's very unusual for him to just go missing like that," they all started walking again. "The Espresso I know wouldn't just leave without an exclamation," she said. "He'd come telling one of us to watch his laboratory or something!" Latte joked. Madeleine groaned once again. "I'm honestly just hoping he can protect himself," Madeleine said. The detective rolled his eyes. "Of course he can, he's Espresso Cookie. What can he not do?"

"Learn how to tell us stuff..."

"Oh come on, don't be so grumpy!" Latte smiled at Madeleine. "We'll find him soon enough, just think happy thoughts!" Latte patted Madeleine's shoulder. The knight glared at Latte. The other professor nervously chuckled. "Aha...not a good time for happy thoughts, huh..."
"No, not at all." The knight responded.

...

Espresso was walking around with his old acquaintance, Pomegranate, getting taught how to control the rather small weapons the dark cookies have. Pomegranate pointed out each weapon set on a hook in case they need it, some pictures, and some old spells. She showed him the mirror in case he needed to use that, she let Espresso use all the main weapons, etc. Now, he was getting told what to do when an intruder stops by in the castle.

"A rather small alarm will go off to indicate that someone is in here...they have to be very smart and used to their surroundings in order to leave though," Pomegranate explained. "Yes...but may I ask why I need a useless watch?"
"It is not useless. It holds the power of your source... you're source being coffee magic, it holds the source of coffee magic inside of it...so if it gets destroyed, a large portion of your magic will drain," She explained. The professor cleared his throat. "I...I take the useless part back," he said. Pomegranate and Espresso stopped at a small room. It had a round table, some purple mushrooms, and a voodoo doll of some sort.

"This is our meeting room," she said. "I gather all the cookies here so we can come up with a plan to destroy the cookie kingdom..." She said with a sinister grin. "But alas, the cookie kingdom is far too guarded for us to concur," Espresso said in a sarcastic voice. Pomegranate groaned. "Don't be like that now...we have everything we need. But I must introduce you to a certain cookie who helps us out a lot... Follow me," Pomegranate said as she walked off. Espresso found a small pen on the table and decided to take it. It looked oddly suspicious, so he stuffed it in his pocket then followed Pomegranate.

Pomegranate and Espresso found themselves outside the castle, in front of a very large tower. Espresso, confused, looked over at Pomegranate. "Where are we now?" "This is the sacred cake tower...here, you will be staying until we get everything situated. And you'll meet your...guide." "Guide? Please, I can take care and guide myself..." The professor crossed his arms with a groan. Pomegranate knocked on the tower doors twice, which caused some torches outside the tower to light, making the professor flinch. He looked back at the doors and heard some...barking? Right as espresso almost opened his mouth, the doors opened, revealing a cookie holding a very hyperactive cake hound.

"Ah, pomegranate cookie...sincere apologies about Chiffon," "It's quite alright...this is professor Espresso Cookie, I don't believe you've met him."
"I haven't."

Espresso looked at the cookie. He seemed way more taller than what he had expected...he then turned his attention to his arm. Now he's more confused.
"If it's not rude or impolite to ask, what happened to your arm?" The professor looked at the other cookie. The cookie stared at espresso in the eyes...but instead of feeling calm, he took that to offense. "Heh. Do you really want to know the truth?" He said. Espresso tilted his head. "If it's not so much trouble..." "You're not getting the truth unless you've earned it."

"No need to act all rude...after all, he will be staying with you since we haven't set up his own room yet." Pomegranate explained. The cookie growled under his breath. "Seriously...? Is he at least good with cake hounds?!"

"I'm great, actually. I know the recipes on how to create these beings. In fact, I had one before. I know how they work...um."

"Red Velvet." He spoke, folding his arms. "I would say it'd be a pleasure to meet you...but that would be a lie." "It sure is nice to meet you too."

Pomegranate pulled espresso back a little. "Now now you two...don't get all furious with each other now, that's for later. You two have an important mission... together."

"What?!"