Chapter 49 - A Scarlet Sky and Goodbye's

An orange filled sunset sky on the Haneoka High rooftops.

The rebellious noodle was gazing at the colors of the tempting sky. She's trying to process her thoughts and trying to collect herself from what happened yesterday.

Ran thinks about what made her burst out like that. What made her spill all of her feelings out. She keeps wondering why she couldn't just keep all of this in, all by herself.

"What was I thinking..." Ran sighs as she thinks of a way to face Anon for tomorrow's flight.

Anon leaves for the UK tomorrow. Afterglow, Otae, and Makoto plans to send him off.

"How will I be able to face him tomorrow after all that..." Ran sighs for a second time. She must be in such a pickle.

After all...

"You seem to be troubled, Ran" says Moca as she comes in through the door to find the almost sobbing Ran.

"Moca... I-" Ran hesitates, but Moca interrupted her.

"It's okay Ran. I'm glad you were able to tell Anon how you felt about all of this. We we're all worried about you." Moca said.

Ran froze as she realizes that her friends and buddies all knew what was going on about her that she wasn't aware of.

"It must be hard for you. It's hard for me too, Ran. But just like before, don't you think Anon will return?" Moca said.

Ran begins to recall past memories of Anon living up to Ran's expectations and keeping his promises to her whenever he said he would come back to play.

"Back then, he left without a warning. But he came back right? This time around, there is a warning. Do you absolutely think he won't come back?" Moca added a question.

Ran had ran out of excuses to spout, and places to run.

.
.
.

Ran's P.O.V

I know.

I know that very well.

I know that more than anyone else.

I know Anon will keep his word and come back. I know for a fact that he would even fly back here if the situation calls so dearly for him. I know it... I know it...

But despite all that... why did I feel that way...

It must be hard for Moca too...

Ahhhh!!!!

Ran rushes to the iron fences and screams from the top of her lungs.

"YOU BETTER COME BACK!!! AND WHEN YOU DO, SHOW US THAT YOU'VE ACHIEVED WHAT YOU WANTED TO ACHIEVE!!! DON'T COME BACK A LOSER YOU HEAR ME?!?!" I screamed out into the scarlet sky.

And with just that... I feel a lot better.

.
.
.

I was always bad with parting and goodbyes. The first time I realized this was when Anon had suddenly disappeared. I thought that my life was practically over by then.

But I got to meet Afterglow. And I'm glad that I got to meet these wonderful girls. They're precious to me. I treat them as my most important treasures.

"That's more like it~" Moca said casually to me.

She might not notice or make it seem that way but.... She was worried about me... I know and am thankful for that.