Chapter 41 - Drowning in Thought

"How exactly do you date someone?" Moca asked the gang while sipping her drink staring aimlessly outside.

The gang looked at Moca with surprised eyes. Himari began whistling away, Ran started to drown herself in deep thought, while Tsugumi and Tomoe began to actually think.

"That's a really tough question considering we haven't even dated anyone before..." Tomoe said while getting flustered. "That's not how we usually are..." Ran said trying to hide her embarrassment while drinking her Iced tea.

"Just kidding~" Moca said while giving away a smug. The rest of the gang sighed in relief. They didn't know how to handle a side of Moca like that. Moca was never really in such a deep thought. Atleast... They've never seen her in deep thought like that before.

Moca would always start the jokes, retort in a very unexpected way, and would tease Ran occasionally.

"This isn't like me." She thought as she laughs away with the others.

After hanging out, the gang went home. Moca went straight up to her room. She thought she could use a shower, but the bathroom is currently occupied. She sits down on her bed.

"Moca was really confusing today..." She thought to herself. "Normally, I would just brush things off. I wouldn't think about these kinds of stuff too much. Moca wouldn't think about this at all.... It's all because Anon came into Moca's life... Moca doesn't hate it! Not one bit! It's just...... Moca is confused..."

Her mother opened the door to her room and called her saying she could use the shower now.

Meanwhile...

We have Anon, sitting on his bed with his guitar, some paper, and a pencil. And from what he's been thinking about, he decided to write a song to express how he's been feeling. Anon isn't the type of person that's great at expressing how he feels, he even wonders if he's made Moca worried or annoyed before. And so here he is.....uhhh.....

"Goodness gracious! I can't think of anything to write!!!" Is what he said as he brushes the back of his head in frustration. Dude's struggling after all. He isn't good with words, but maybe he's also not that good with writing down his words....

"Usually I'd find myself just pondering about Moca and what I like about her... But when the time comes when I actually need to write it down on a medium or to even say it... It's like all of it is gone! WHAT IN THE FU-" And were stopping him there.

"Come to think of it.... I don't think I've done anything boy friend-like with Moca before..." He sighs as he remembers all of the lovey-dovey stuff they've done in the past. "Yeah..." He sighs one more time. I swear, if this Anon becomes denser than the periodic table, I'm gonna bat him outta here.

"And now that we're actually legal to each other's parents, I feel like I should be doing more than what I've been usually doing..." He states as he slowly tries to get a hold of himself. Just like the man we wanted us to be. Probably.
"It's not like I hate it or anything! I just thought that I should really be stepping my game up.... That was the plan, that's the reason why I'm here trying to write her a song. But at the moment, I'm just lost for words..." Is what the tsundere himself said.

Anon did not want to drown himself in such a tedious thought any longer. He decided to ring Moca's phone to try and talk to her to calm him down. Moca picks it up a few short moments later...

"Anon? What's up?" Moca asks. She didn't think any weird of the sudden phone call at this time of the night, she wanted Anon to hit her up. "As expected.... hearing your voice calms me down..." and that attack from Anon seriously took a toll on Moca. Her face was flushed and she was left silent and without a comment or a retort to say back. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." Anon dropped a nervous wracking statement. "What is it? Is it something important? Moca asks with the slight shaking in her voice. "Do you think we should do more things that actual couples would do?" Anon, straight up, asks her. 

That single statement made Moca loosen up. She was lost for answers herself, but she didn't have the courage to try and open up something like this to Anon. Btw, she's in the bathtub right now. (Can't wait for a fan art of something like this :>)

"Anon~ Did you think opening up something like that while your Moca is having a relaxing evening in the tub is healthy for me?????" And Moca aggressively strikes back!
"I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THE BATH! I'LL GET BACK TO YOU LATER!!" and he retreats! Not what we expected but okay!
"Don't worry, it's fine. Moca has been thinking about it for a while now, and it's honestly hurting Moca's head.." She replies. Gee, what do you know? These two are having the same kind of problem that can be fixed with a simple talk! Ahhhh~ couple things, am I right?

"Me too honestly... I was drowning in my thoughts a few minutes ago, that's why I decided to call you..." Anon exclaims as if he's a baby that longs for it's mother. Idk what I'm saying at this point but it feels that way! sort of!

"What do you think we should do?" Moca asks.

"Want to go on a date tomorrow? Just you and me?" Anon boldly asks.

Soon after, Anon hung up with them agreeing to see each other. But shortly after Moca got out of the tub, the two were in a call with each other until 4 AM when they both fell asleep. While still in a call.

- To be Continued - 

- Author's Notes -

      Hello! I'm sorry if this chapter is wayyyyyyyyyyy overdue. I've been through a lot of stuff in a span of a few months, and I've been having a hard time on trying to get my momentum back to writing again. But I'm not gonna leave my books without finishing them! And I definitely still enjoy writing! So I hope you'll continue to support me!